Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you have and what do you carry day to day? I'm looking at a Staff bag just not sure that I'll want to put it on a cart every round. I'm just afraid of the wear and tear the cart will inflict. So should I just go with a cart bag Instead? Currently I carry a Bag Boy Revolver, and my Cleveland stand bag.

I have a stand bag now, but have also used both cart and staff. I carry a lot of stuff, much of which, I probably don’t need, but space is very important.

There are some cart bags that hold so much now I have been leaning that way with my next one.

Cart bag, plenty of storage. I can use it on my push cart or the riding cart.

Stand bag for me but most because I walk most rounds. I’d definitely lean toward cart bag over staffer, staff bags are cool, but kind of just too big.

I have a SM C130 of both varieties, cart and carry... along with 9 other bags.

What do you have and what do you carry day to day? I'm looking at a Staff bag just not sure that I'll want to put it on a cart every round. I'm just afraid of the wear and tear the cart will inflict. So should I just go with a cart bag Instead? Currently I carry a Bag Boy Revolver, and my Cleveland stand bag.

It seems all the "cart bags" have 14 dividers, but I prefer a bag with either 4 or 6 dividers. 9" or 9.5" staff bags are good because they are hard sided and have no more than 6 dividers.

In town, a staff bag. Out of town, a stand bag.

Staff bags on carts are terrible. They get all smashed and whatnot.

Get yourself a hybrid bag like a SM Four5. Best of all worlds.

I have a stand bag now and my next bag will definitely be a larger cart bag. Now that I bought a push cart or just ride the stand bag just gets in the way. Only time I find stand bag handy now is at the range. My next bag will probably be a sun mountain c130 or similar.

I have always had a stand bag. Like to walk and carry or push on a click gear as much as I can. Times I do take a cart, it can sometimes get annoying having it move around so much.

Staff bags on carts are terrible. They get all smashed and whatnot.
That's what I was needing to hear. My Revolver cart bag is fine for now, and considering my time at the course will likely dwindle next year, I'll probably hold onto it for now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a stand bag and a cart bag. I feel like most cart bags these days have enough room to where you don't need to spend the extra cash to get a staff bag. But it's all personal preference.

I have used cart and staff bag respectively and really liked them both.

Staff was great from the aspect of looks, the ability to rep my fav brand etc... and also had some functionality.

However when I switched to the sm c130 it was like moving over to a staff bag but with way more bells/whistles and functionality

I like both and say go with your gut. I used and still use both on a clicgear 3.5 with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stand bag now and my next bag will definitely be a larger cart bag. Now that I bought a push cart or just ride the stand bag just gets in the way. Only time I find stand bag handy now is at the range. My next bag will probably be a sun mountain c130 or similar.

I have a stand bag too, but I probably should use a cart bag. The stand is really just for the range also, since I either use my push cart or ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love staff bags. So much space for so much stuff. Good ones don't add too much weight

I barely use them any more and I really hate stand bags. I refuse to use the legs. Guess I should try a cart bag!

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

I have always wanted a staff bag. Probably wouldn't use it, but I just love the looks of them. Especially Callways. The Rogue one is sweet.

I have always wanted a staff bag. Probably wouldn't use it, but I just love the looks of them. Especially Callways. The Rogue one is sweet.

For cart riding I've found 9" or 9.5" staff bags to be the best. The hard sides protect the clubs, the 6 dividers allow plenty of room to easily pull out and replace clubs from the bag etc...
I'm not sure why the industry produces what's commonly known as "cart bags" with 14 club dividers. I think so many dividers does not make good sense.
Decades ago hard sided 8" and 8.5" hard sided bags with 6 dividers were readily available, they were considered "cart bags", and a good sense design. Now all the "cart bags" I see for sale have 14 dividers.

Does anyone here have the MG Golf cart bag? It looks pretty nice if you don’t mind the 14 way dividers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to a cart bag last year from a stand bag. I bought a push cart to go with it, but I kind of like carrying my bag so I miss the carry bag. May end up getting a hoofer or Titleist bag at some point.

I have all three (staff, cart, stand) but I prefer the stand bag because there are times I may need to walk and I don't want to transfer everything out the other two available options. I only pull the staff bag out for special occasions.

I won a staff bag at a party years ago. Used it a couple of times. Just too big for me. I like a carry bag. It fit me.

I've been using a cart bag for about 5 years now and it's been more than enough for me. I love the look of staff bags, but probably would never use one. I know it's silly to have this thought in my head, but one of the reasons I wouldn't is because I don't feel as though I have the game to sport one LOL, I would be a full on Al Czervik!

Cart bag all day for me - enough room to fit everything yet still lightweight and not too big.

I have a SM C130 of both varieties, cart and carry... along with 9 other bags.

Only 11 sir? You should see my side of the garage... lol. Lots of them are older ones that I'd never even think of using though, they're just club organizers in the garage.

I don't have a Staff bag. I primarily use a regular cart bag. Off season rounds or when I know I'm only playing 9 and walking I use a stand bag. I was drooling over some Masters themed staff bags on one of the EBay 20% off deals though. I didn't pull the trigger just because I knew I'd never use it on the course and as you know I may be a collector but I'm going to use whatever I collect.

I've been using a cart bag for about 5 years now and it's been more than enough for me. I love the look of staff bags, but probably would never use one. I know it's silly to have this thought in my head, but one of the reasons I wouldn't is because I don't feel as though I have the game to sport one LOL, I would be a full on Al Czervik!

I’ve got a Bluetooth speaker and enough space for some beer cans in my cart bag. Al Czervik eat your heart out!

Back