Choosing Your Rangefinder with Precision Pro

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rangefinders are continuing to become one of the most popular distance measuring devices out there and Precision Pro Golf has a number of options available. Last year we had the opportunity to review their NX7 Pro device and came away impressed. With so many forum members asking about devices as of late, we wanted to sit down with the experts and ask how you should choose your rangefinder.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/choosing-rangefinder-precision-pro/

Great feedback from a very promising brand. I didn't realize they had a significantly smaller variance between readings compared to competitors....or so says the data that the user sent to them. I heard great things about the NX7 Pro this year. Might be time to revisit the thread again.

The care package is a huge plus considering the value being delivered at this price point and I can attest that their customer service is stellar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have the NX7 Pro and love it. I get quick target lock and the same yardages as a buddy of mine gets in side by side tests with his Bushnell. I haven’t been able to compare it to Leupold but have no reason to expect that my RF will not perform as well.

I am still using my bushnell that I win on THP. If it ever craps the bed I would not hesitate to look at this brand as I have heard nothing but good things.

This was a good read and I honestly would have never of considered them without reading it. It says a lot when a company prides themselves on quality and customer service and I like how family was mentioned.

• Admin
This was a good read and I honestly would have never of considered them without reading it. It says a lot when a company prides themselves on quality and customer service and I like how family was mentioned.

Their honesty is refreshing if I date back to the previous article (Quick Six with Precision Pro) where they talk about originally being one of those companies that just sourced their goods and how it has lead to the current lineup and company that takes pride in creation.

Their honesty is refreshing if I date back to the previous article (Quick Six with Precision Pro) where they talk about originally being one of those companies that just sourced their goods and how it has lead to the current lineup and company that takes pride in creation.

And its hard to break that stigma, especially with keeping the black and neon green colors. Honestly a color change may be what they need to be viewed as something other than a discount product

And its hard to break that stigma, especially with keeping the black and neon green colors. Honestly a color change may be what they need to be viewed as something other than a discount product

I totally agree on the colors. Neon green is not something I want on my rangefinder(or golf bag and other accessories) no matter how much quality and value they offer. If they had a different color they would appeal to a broader range of buyers.

Do they happen to provide a THP discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they happen to provide a THP discount?

Not exclusive, but Budget Golf sells them and you can use the THP Discount there.

You might be an internet golfer if you're buying your rangefinder because of color... :laughing:

I picked up an NX7 Pro earlier this year, and I love it. It's the first rangefinder I've owned, but when I left it behind at a course and had to have it shipped back I realized how attached I got to it relatively quickly. This will be in my bag for a long time.

Will definitely take a hard look at these when the time comes to replace my current unit. The free battery aspect is such a cool value added to their products.

Thanks for the info JB. I am planning on replacing my current tour v3 soon. I have been on the fence in regards to purchasing this brand and I think this may have swayed me.

I guess I will be heading over the budget golf and making a purchase.

Solid brand for sure, based on the reviews here, if I go back to using a rangefinder they’d be at the very top of my list.

Excellent article and a great insight to the company.

I've had my NX7 Pro since the initial release and it has been great. I've compared it to numerous other more expensive range finders and see no difference.

That's a really good article and kind of opens my eyes about their brand. The variance amount is very interesting, that's a pretty good stat to be able to tout for them. It's time for me to start looking for a new rangefinder since mine is starting to show it's age, I'm definitely going to make this one an option.

I am planning on buying a rangefinder or gps or something before next spring, this is helpful in that decision process.

Enjoyed the insight to the company's views and the commitment to customer service and product testing. Been using my GPS watch for about 3-4 year now, but it's one of the limited models and more and more I start to lean towards checking out "point and shoot" options instead. Never heard of the brand honestly, but will keep them on my list if and when I decide to go away from my old and dated watch.

I bought the NX7 Pro a few weeks ago and was able to use it for the first time on Monday. It was windy on the course and even with my hands moving some the target was locked on quickly and is accurate. The features and modes are easy to use. It came with a sturdy case and the unit is small and lightweight. The price comparison for having the slope fixture was a no brainer. At the time, there was a small discount so that added to the price differential. It was shipped quickly and free batteries are offered when you need them! The only thing that made me hesitate for a moment was the color: Black with green trim which is not my style. No other color options but getting a reliable rangefinder at that price made it an easy decision in making the purchase. I have it here at work so here are a few pictures of it.
e8c9ab722200d23dcfc9045cd17c235d.jpg
081bd822adf27debaca216e1fbdc6ece.jpg

Not exclusive, but Budget Golf sells them and you can use the THP Discount there.

I bought the NX7 pro from budget two weeks ago. Great unit and so easy to use. We use it at the range a lot at night also and it picks the flags and signs up that I thought it would not. Definatley a worth while purchase.

I was lucky enough to win the camo color Precision Pro NX7 Shot in June and just absolutely love it. It's my first rangefinder as I was a GPS guy, but since winning this I hardly ever use the GPS anymore unless I have a blind shot.

It picks up the yardage quick, very accurate, and looks cool!

Still using my Bushnells, but I think I would definitely consider them especially with the Care program and free batteries.

I really like the colors.

You also get a free sleeve of Srixon balls with purchase which is really cool and makes it that much more attractive.

Edit if you buy from Budget Golf

Choosing Your Rangefinder with Precision Pro

I’d buy one of those. I like the comparison chart in the article comparing features with other brands.

Last edited:
I really want to grab one of these but my hand tremors have made it hard for me to use laser rangefinders without shooting a distance on everything within a 30 yard radius of my target...that said, I'm going to take a look after reading this.

Back