annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I’ve recently become a fan of Srixon. First with their balls, then irons and most recently their driver and woods. I know there is a relationship with Cleveland Golf but I’m not sure how that works. I was wondering why the wedges are still under the Cleveland name. Would the consumer or the golf store community care. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have it under one name. Perhaps it’s like Vokey being the wedge brand for titileist. But that at least looks like the same family. Seems like it would make the whole thing stronger

Big fan, also. I think Srixon and Wilson Staff are the two best companies with products trending upward.

Both companies have pretty full lineups. It would not be wise in my opinion to give up the brand equity that Cleveland has had in wedges for over 30 years when the 588 came out.

Both companies have pretty full lineups. It would not be wise in my opinion to give up the brand equity that Cleveland has had in wedges for over 30 years when the 588 came out.

In fact it would appear that Cleveland's line has more items than Srixon. In my limited view I don't see anything Cleveland but the wedges when I play. I agree that its hard to give up on brand names but it seems like Srixon has a lot of buzz versus Cleveland. I would at least have the CG wedges up on the Srixon site. I've had a 588 and loved it.

They are sister companies under the same owner. I like the fact that along xxio they each target portions of the market. For wedges specifically, Cleveland is a major name with immediate brand recognition, no reason to just get rid of that.

My understanding how the SRI brands are positioned but in a very simplistic manner

XXIO: Seniors and Women at premium prices
Cleveland: Game improvement clubs usually at lower cost plus wedges
Srixon: Golf Balls and Players clubs

I think if you took all of the Cleveland wedges and put "Srixon" on them, you'd have a lot of confused casual golfers. I think the Cleveland name is well known generally for wedges. When I've had Srixon clubs in the bag, it's not a brand a lot of folks knew about.

I think if you took all of the Cleveland wedges and put "Srixon" on them, you'd have a lot of confused casual golfers. I think the Cleveland name is well known generally for wedges. When I've had Srixon clubs in the bag, it's not a brand a lot of folks knew about.

It just seems that the parent company has a brand with momentum in Srixon with higher price/better margins. The wedges perhaps don’t fit within Cleveland if their clubs are usually at lower price points. The wedge line is great product.I speak with some ignorance since my last Cleveland club was a Hi Bore Driver.I know Cleveland has history... so did Oldsmobile.

It just seems that the parent company has a brand with momentum in Srixon with higher price/better margins. The wedges perhaps don’t fit within Cleveland if their clubs are usually at lower price points. The wedge line is great product.I speak with some ignorance since my last Cleveland club was a Hi Bore Driver.I know Cleveland has history... so did Oldsmobile.

If you took everything Odyssey and put a Callaway chevron on it, you would have a lot of confused golfers. Remove all Vokey and Scameron and only have Titleist logos, and you'd have the same thing. There's a lot of legacy built into Cleveland's association with wedges. It's silly not to continue to capitalize on that legacy in the name of putting it all under one notional roof.

I guess I see how it is confusing, but I think in most of the US Cleveland has a lot more brand recognition than Srixon, particularly on the wedges. Srixon has been a pretty strong brand in Asia but has made some big moves in the ball market and the irons in particular.

I think a couple years ago they were confused in how to market the different brands but now I think they have it pretty dialed in.

Putters/wedges = Cleveland
GI/SGI irons/woods = Cleveland
Balls = Srixon
Players distance/players irons/woods = Srixon
Premium Game improvement overall = XXIO

I am not sure on the website, if they aren't linked I would think they should be. Callaway has links for Odyssey/Toulon on there site so it makes a lot of sense.

Srixon/Cleveland

They are sister companies under the same owner. I like the fact that along xxio they each target portions of the market. For wedges specifically, Cleveland is a major name with immediate brand recognition, no reason to just get rid of that.

My understanding how the SRI brands are positioned but in a very simplistic manner

XXIO: Seniors and Women at premium prices
Cleveland: Game improvement clubs usually at lower cost plus wedges
Srixon: Golf Balls and Players clubs

It’s based more on pricing than positioning. CBX irons are virtually the same size as 585s.

To Use an example, Srixon used to release the 3 series line of clubs. They don’t anymore and we saw a relaunch of Cleveland. That is not a coincidence : )

Each of the brands hits a price segment similar to how many other companies hit each segment, they just happen to have a brand for each.

It’s based more on pricing than positioning. CBX irons are virtually the same size as 585s.

To Use an example, Srixon used to release the 3 series line of clubs. They don’t anymore and we saw a relaunch of Cleveland. That is not a coincidence : )

Each of the brands hits a price segment similar to how many other companies hit each segment, they just happen to have a brand for each.

That all makes sense, but (I know I’m asking a tricky question here) would you consider the launcher HB a more SGI lineup than the CBX?

I know it’s mostly price based, but it seems like Cleveland and Srixon have a little overlap in the GI category, but Cleveland skews towards more GI than Srixon. I don’t really see a players iron in the Cleveland lineup, and I don’t see an SGI iron in the Srixon lineup

That all makes sense, but (I know I’m asking a tricky question here) would you consider the launcher HB a more SGI lineup than the CBX?

I know it’s mostly price based, but it seems like Cleveland and Srixon have a little overlap in the GI category, but Cleveland skews towards more GI than Srixon. I don’t really see a players iron in the Cleveland lineup, and I don’t see an SGI iron in the Srixon lineup

I would say that’s fair. Cleveland’s short game equity in the US is very good. 3rd in marketshare and as recently as last year I believe had some months as 2nd.

I believe part of the reason for that is honestly how sales are in the US. Your larger irons hold a higher area of sales than players irons. With that said the CBX is smaller than most people believe.

I would say that’s fair. Cleveland’s short game equity in the US is very good. 3rd in marketshare and as recently as last year I believe had some months as 2nd.

I believe part of the reason for that is honestly how sales are in the US. Your larger irons hold a higher area of sales than players irons. With that said the CBX is smaller than most people believe.

Yeah, it seems that the Cleveland wedges are an entirely separate beast than the rest of their clubs, for good reason. Similar to Srixon balls, I knew a lot of people that played Srixon balls 15 ago and you couldn’t find a Srixon club in the states. (At least where I was then)

Smart move by the parent company to keep using the products both lines are known for and adding in the other lines.

You stabbed me right thru the heart, ouch!!

That makes more sense. I've noticed the price differences, but completely forgot about the 3 series irons. 5 series is a great looking game improvement iron that has a lot of crossover in the market.

I really hope SRI continues its improvement in the market.

That makes more sense. I've noticed the price differences, but completely forgot about the 3 series irons. 5 series is a great looking game improvement iron that has a lot of crossover in the market.

I really hope SRI continues its improvement in the market.

Shhhh. Don't tell anybody, but we have another killer event planned in 2019 with them.
This year the guys got a full bag of clubs and to play with Jamie Sadlowski. Next year, we are going over the top again.
THP Events...Nothing else even close : )

Shhhh. Don't tell anybody, but we have another killer event planned in 2019 with them.
This year the guys got a full bag of clubs and to play with Jamie Sadlowski. Next year, we are going over the top again.
THP Events...Nothing else even close : )

I won't tell anybody I swear, but can you tell me more? I can keep a secret

I won't tell anybody I swear, but can you tell me more? I can keep a secret

Sure, but you have to keep it quiet.
Its going to be awesome. We are working on venues now.
It will have some awesome equipment for THPers.

Signup email sent.

this year's event was a unforgettable experience, I wonder if there will be another special guest...

Grandma Jamie

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve recently become a fan of Srixon. First with their balls, then irons and most recently their driver and woods. I know there is a relationship with Cleveland Golf but I’m not sure how that works. I was wondering why the wedges are still under the Cleveland name. Would the consumer or the golf store community care. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have it under one name. Perhaps it’s like Vokey being the wedge brand for titileist. But that at least looks like the same family. Seems like it would make the whole thing stronger
Honestly, with the way SRI has it currently set up, I think they're the gold standard for how to have multiple brands in the same market.

You stabbed me right thru the heart, ouch!!

Sorry Dude!! If it make you feel any better I owned a black Cutlass with T-tops. It was awesome.

As someone who fell in love with the Srixon 565/765 irons when they were released I’m amazed at how many golfers at both my club in California and now in Minnesota don’t know who Srixon is. They only know them for golf balls and 95% of the time these private club avid golfers are shocked when I tell them that Srixon is owned by Cleveland. Everyone knows the Cleveland brand in large part because of their wedges but almost nobody knows Srixon. I’m the only member at both of my last clubs to play Srixon irons. I think most of them are puzzled why I would choose them over Callaway, Titleist, TM, Mizuno or Ping. Hopefully they can change their image to be a bit more recognized in the U.S.

Yeah, I always thought that the Launcher HB replaced the 1 series irons (basically 175) then the CBX are the 3 series (375). But I would think they would be linked on the websites to at least the other company of not have the srixon balls available on the cleveland site and the cleveland wedges on the srixon site?

Back