Favorite non golf athletic shoes?

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Couldn't find a thread on this, if there is Mods, please merge. I am not exactly fashionable, but I have some sneakers that I like. When I was in college the Adidas Rod Laver and stan smith were really popular, then I found the Puma GV Special... I had several pair and they were comfortable and awesome looking. Lost track of them but recently when Puma had a sale I picked up a pair for maybe $40. Damn, they are better than I remember!

https://us.puma.com/en/us/pd/califo...Sw3Fr1NTv7wG_PXxf5qNQDuJDttr1duQaAtuFEALw_wcB

This is the colorway I am wearing, and I think I will be picking up another pair or two. Can't believe the price either!

Besides them, my favorite all time favorite shoe is probably the Nike Air Trainer 1

https://stockx.com/air-trainer-1-fr...L39Kg-gzf5ZyZ7fbdai9bWcMEKaiZoJ0aAsvYEALw_wcB

I have a pair of these, but don't wear them that often. This is back when Nikes had a wider last and fit my foot so much better than the recent models do.

Anyway, what do you rock on your feet when you aren't at the course?

I picked up a pair of ASICS last year and won’t look at another brand. The most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

just picked up some adidas boost ultimate and they're best for comfort and heel support for me.

Nike Air Max 270s is my shoe of choice moving forward. I have a few pair I rotate through. Also rocking Puma Suedes in different colors.

New Balance 624. I like the wider toe box in them.

Long been a fan of the Nike Air Max 90s. They were my favorite kicks in high school. I do not currently own a pair, but when they release some better color combos, I'll be all over them.

Hubbard

Adidas, adidas or adidas. Love my campus shoes. Comfy and cool as ****!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoka One One . . . most comfortable and great for long distance running!!

I love my Mizunos. Theyre one of the few shoes that I find to be comfortable. The colors are a little bright and busy for my taste but theyre so comfortable that Im able to look past it.

If we're talking strictly comfort I absolutely love Brooks running shoes. The GTS 12 was the best running shoe I've ever owned (and I used to run a LOT back before my knees started creaking on me). When it comes to casual shoes for looks/feel I'm a big fan of Babolat tennis shoes.

adidas pureboost atr with the grey boost

i98sBsw.jpg

I picked up a pair of ASICS last year and won’t look at another brand. The most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

All of my marathons (2) and half marathons, and likely my 15k, 10k, and 5k races, have been run in Asics. I had Kayano 20's and I'm still rockin' a pair of 21's now. I have some Racer 9's that are great for 5k's, but I don't think I'd wanna run more than a 10k in them. Nice and light, but not much cushion for long miles.

I'm an equal opportunist now though. I have the Asics Kayano 21's, a pair of Altra (ZeroDrop) Provision 2.5's, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17's, and Mizuno Inspire 13's. I also had a pair of Mizuno Inspire 9's and 10's a few years ago.

I love the Asics, but I like to rotate to different brands now. Your feet will eventually get used to a certain shoe and instead of getting stronger, they become complacent. I've been told by too many and read too many statements by others in the know that it's good to change up your shoes instead of using the same brand/style all the time.

I haven't run as much as I should lately and my half marathon next month is gonna show it, but I still enjoy getting out for a run a few days a week.

c4cf0c84e079f9b3e7485b3ac4575973.jpg

Picked up a pair of these while shopping for some depends. Love not having to ask the wife to tie my shoes for me anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of my marathons (2) and half marathons, and likely my 15k, 10k, and 5k races, have been run in Asics. I had Kayano 20's and I'm still rockin' a pair of 21's now. I have some Racer 9's that are great for 5k's, but I don't think I'd wanna run more than a 10k in them. Nice and light, but not much cushion for long miles.

I'm an equal opportunist now though. I have the Asics Kayano 21's, a pair of Altra (ZeroDrop) Provision 2.5's, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17's, and Mizuno Inspire 13's. I also had a pair of Mizuno Inspire 9's and 10's a few years ago.

I love the Asics, but I like to rotate to different brands now. Your feet will eventually get used to a certain shoe and instead of getting stronger, they become complacent. I've been told by too many and read too many statements by others in the know that it's good to change up your shoes instead of using the same brand/style all the time.

I haven't run as much as I should lately and my half marathon next month is gonna show it, but I still enjoy getting out for a run a few days a week.

I agree with your Asic choice. I no longer run, but have completed over 50 marathons. I've tried all the shoes from Nike, Brooks, New Balance, Saucony etc., etc., and Asics always fit me the best and performed the best also. I still wear them these day.

Long been a fan of the Nike Air Max 90s. They were my favorite kicks in high school. I do not currently own a pair, but when they release some better color combos, I'll be all over them.

I was always a big fan of the 95s. I need to get a pair now!

I also don't currently have a pair, but I've enjoyed adidas trail runners since high school.

For running I prefer Brooks Anthem shoes right now, but when I can find a good deal on Saucony Kinvaras I'll switch to them. I fight plantar fasciitis, so the midfoot stability of the Kinvaras is really nice for longer runs. The Anthems do a decent job while still otherwise feeling like minimalist-ish shoes.

For CrossFit & a mix of weightlifting and cardio, I use Reebok Nano Speed TR 2.0. They are more structured and heavy than my running shoes without being outright lifting shoes. Good for sprints but stable enough for squats and dead lifting. Just a great all-round shoe.

Mizuno Wave running shoes. Not a runner but these are very comfortable and light.

checkerboard Vans all day long for me.

Back