YouTube - Mark Crossfield

Same here...I also subscribe to Buzza golf. Makes me want to go over there and play those courses...I especially liked the one where the sheep were all over the place taking care of the fairways

Same here...I also subscribe to Buzza golf. Makes me want to go over there and play those courses...I especially liked the one where the sheep were all over the place taking care of the fairways

Just found Buzza, dig him and Pickard. I'll have to look for the sheep video

I really hope he's a decent guy in real life. Most of the Brits I've gone drinking with have been fun.

I watch Mark a lot. I found one that kind of hit home recently and brought together some stuff my coach has been trying to get through my thick skull. We had identified something from the face on view, but not from the DTL view. When I watched the video I saw my club path in one of the student videos. It was something I started doing recently. But we were working on weight shift. I still couldn't hit the ball. Mark's video of the correction with the club path put everything together. It felt really strange and took a while to hit the ball well, but after slow practice without the ball, I was able to hit the ball better and make solid contact again... at least with my irons. It's going to take a while. I like the way Mark teaches.

I always seem to pick up great tips from him...I think the biggest takeaway that he harps on a ton is that it is not the club...it is you. Pretty much ever single driver and/or iron goes exactly the same distance as his current set.

I liked his video on path and take away. It's important but not the main issue

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I always seem to pick up great tips from him...I think the biggest takeaway that he harps on a ton is that it is not the club...it is you. Pretty much ever single driver and/or iron goes exactly the same distance as his current set.

this for the win.

hey guys i was watching his comparison vids when i was last looking at some clubs mid last year, but have since found the vlogs with Coach Lockey. they are gold.

they are good guys, having a laugh, taking the piss out of each other a bit, and playing ok golf considering they aren't always concentrating perfectly. plenty of poor shots too, but they do pretty well as far as i can tell short of playing like fully blown pro stars.

what they have also done, is remind me to HAVE FUN and enjoy they day out with my mates instead instead of stressing over mis hits or bad scores.

I like him. You are right in that some of his reviews can be polarizing. I do think you get his honest opinion without the pressure of any of his sponsors though!

I loved his recent video of the M2 irons...."we are doing a 4 iron challenge with a club that says 5 iron on it". I pretty much have watched every episode the last few years and love it when he appears surprised when he is testing a club.

Love his no no nonsense approach. I watch very little on Youtube other than him. Here's one of my favorites on shaft flex. I totally agree with him that it makes no difference wether you use an S or X flex, use whichever flex you feel comfortable with. I have a dozen drivers with an S flex shaft and another dozen or so with an X flex and they all perform.

I loved his recent video of the M2 irons...."we are doing a 4 iron challenge with a club that says 5 iron on it".
It intermittently frustrates and dumbfounds me that a so called expert would say something like this when the real explanation is so abundantly available and easily understood. It makes me discount his other feedback.

It intermittently frustrates and dumbfounds me that a so called expert would say something like this when the real explanation is so abundantly available and easily understood. It makes me discount his other feedback.

I agree. It appears there are times when he really provides the viewer with good insight and other times when he just doesn't bother or makes some bonehead remarks.

I agree. It appears there are times when he really provides the viewer with good insight and other times when he just doesn't bother or makes some bonehead remarks.

I agree as well. From what I have watched of his videos in the past, he is constantly harping on about static / dynamic loft and how you present the club to the ball at impact, so you would think he would know better than to come out with a comment like that

I loved his recent video of the M2 irons...."we are doing a 4 iron challenge with a club that says 5 iron on it". I pretty much have watched every episode the last few years and love it when he appears surprised when he is testing a club.
I think that's more him feeding the trolls on his comments section. There isn't an iron released today where the comments section doesn't get packed full of talk of jacked up lofts. I do think his tendency to hone in on spin rather than look at the whole picture of getting an approach shot to stick is a bit frustrating.

Also, while not in that video, he does point out that CG placement causes the ball to go higher and spin less (I forget which club he was testing when he talked about it), resulting in better forgiveness and better carry through the wind which means the lofts have to come down in order to get better gapping between clubs, to no avail. People seem very hung up on irons having "true" lofts, though no one ever says what the proper loft of a 6 iron ought to be.

I watch him for enjoyment and to pick up some here and there. If you try to emulate everything someone tells you about golf you'll never swing an actual club. He and Coach remind me to have fun and not overthink the sport. If I truly want help with something, I'll go get hands on. Have fun people.

I think that's more him feeding the trolls on his comments section. There isn't an iron released today where the comments section doesn't get packed full of talk of jacked up lofts. I do think his tendency to hone in on spin rather than look at the whole picture of getting an approach shot to stick is a bit frustrating.

Also, while not in that video, he does point out that CG placement causes the ball to go higher and spin less (I forget which club he was testing when he talked about it), resulting in better forgiveness and better carry through the wind which means the lofts have to come down in order to get better gapping between clubs, to no avail. People seem very hung up on irons having "true" lofts, though no one ever says what the proper loft of a 6 iron ought to be.

I agree that with your comments, especially when it comes to lofts. If you talk about lofts you are bound to generate a lot of posts...combine that with Taylormade and you have anarchy as evidenced by threads here on THP. With TM it seems to be so black and white with folks and I do not understand the love or the haters...but reviewers like Mark know how to play to an audience.

I've seen his comments sections and yes, they're full of trolls about what a standard loft should be. I like his reviews. He doesn't hype stuff. And that video about shafts was dead on the money for me.

I have a few channels I like to watch I think Crossfield does a good job along with a few others. Agree he can make some weird remarks but overall its good to watch some course vlogs etc that are a bit more enjoyable and not the structured rubbish shows we get here in Aus on Foxtel (paid tv service) for golf.

Unlike most YouTube golf club reviewers Mark tells it like it is...

Just got done filming our game golf lesson with Mark and coach Lockey. Awesome guys, and very simple, helpful tips. Can't wait to see it uploaded to YouTube

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I think Mark and Rick Shiel's are fun to watch whether you agree with them or not!

Just got done filming our game golf lesson with Mark and coach Lockey. Awesome guys, and very simple, helpful tips. Can't wait to see it uploaded to YouTube

Looking forward to checking it out.

I can't wait to see this.

Back