2 flights , 2 broken clubs

bryancassady

Reaction score
Handicap
On a recent flight from Brussels to Agadir TuiFly broke one of my clubs. On the flight back, they broke one of my wife’s clubs. I said they are responsible for showing reasonable care. Their reply “we are not responsible for anything that happens to your clubs”
Have you had similar issues with TuiFly/ other airlines
Any thoughts/ suggestions on how to get them to pay for damages?
TUI%20what%20happened%20to%20your%20clubs.jpg

No thoughts on that. Considered a hard case?

[FONT=&]On a recent flight from Brussels to Agadir TuiFly broke one of my clubs. On the flight back, they broke one of my wife’s clubs. I said they are responsible for showing reasonable care. Their reply “we are not responsible for anything that happens to your clubs”[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Have you had similar issues with TuiFly/ other airlines
Any thoughts/ suggestions on how to get them to pay for damages?

[/FONT]

Welcome to THP Bryan. You should make an introductory post in the check in desk.

It's often that the case that if the clubs aren't in a hard shell case, the airlines won't cover damages. Were all proper precautions taken? I've flown quite a few times with clubs, albeit domestically in the US, and I have never had an issue whatsoever.

Also, welcome to THP!

That's my nightmare. First time flying with my clubs this year and I took everyone's advice in here--e.g., stiff arm, take head off driver, towels woven between clubs.

Southwest gave me the verbal warning of, "no hard case, no responsibility on us" when checking my clubs. That type of warning is not likely enforceable. I've heard of people pushing the issue further and getting checks for broken clubs when using a soft case.

After the Ship, when flying into Denver, some guy grabbed his clubs from the oversized bag carousel. No case. Just snapped his rain cover on. He checked his clubs right in front of me and none were broken. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.

Back