Mizuno JPX-EZ Driver - THP Preview Thread

I'll admit too, though I adored the blue they used in the 850, I think the move to this color was necessary if for no other reason than durability.

They're definitely getting there, and frankly its exciting to see.

Were there finish issues on the 850? If so, that's a shame because it looks SO good on the shelf and at address.

As I said in my comment on the article - the higher spin on this one actually intrigues me a bit. After a few swing changes, I've been a high-ish launch, low spin player lately with my driver, and with some models the 10.5 goes a bit too high where wind would be an issue, while the 9.5 launches right but doesn't spin enough. I think this driver is in stock at the shop near the range I use, I should probably give it a swing or two.

Were there finish issues on the 850? If so, that's a shame because it looks SO good on the shelf and at address.

As I said in my comment on the article - the higher spin on this one actually intrigues me a bit. After a few swing changes, I've been a high-ish launch, low spin player lately with my driver, and with some models the 10.5 goes a bit too high where wind would be an issue, while the 9.5 launches right but doesn't spin enough. I think this driver is in stock at the shop near the range I use, I should probably give it a swing or two.

Massive issues. To the point that when a member here contacted Mizuno their reply was "don't hit it high on the face". Simply hitting balls higher on the face (not on the crown, just high on the face) resulted in a lot of paint chipping. Not sure if they remedied that or not, but it was HORRIBLE in the 850 fairway.

Massive issues. To the point that when a member here contacted Mizuno their reply was "don't hit it high on the face". Simply hitting balls higher on the face (not on the crown, just high on the face) resulted in a lot of paint chipping. Not sure if they remedied that or not, but it was HORRIBLE in the 850 fairway.

I know the crown area on this one was improved, and believe me I hit the top area more than a few times haha The response last year from them was laughable. Hope it carried over with the FW side of things.

I thought I had remembered that, I just couldn't find anything. That's really unfortunate.

I really enjoyed my time with the original Fast Track drivers from Mizuno (MP600 and MP630), but didn't give Mizuno drivers a passing glance , again, until the JPX850. I do like the gray finish Mizuno went with on this EZ version. I need to find a place to demo one.

I know the crown area on this one was improved, and believe me I hit the top area more than a few times haha The response last year from them was laughable. Hope it carried over with the FW side of things.

This makes me happy to hear.

I have played about 60 rounds of golf with the 2016 JPX EZ driver.
One of the design elements that I really like about it, and a primary reason I originally bought it, is that the face height is relatively shallow. Most all 460 CC head size drivers have a tall face height. For the EZ Mizuno made the face height relatively shallow, yet still achieved 460CC head size by making the head wider than most (from front to back).
The reason I like relatively shallow faced drivers is that I find them easier with which to achieve a desirable trajectory. In contrast, with deeper faced drivers, I tend to strike shots with too low of a trajectory.

Back