Has your car ever been hit by a golf ball?

Wiskey

GRINT 12.7
Reaction score
Handicap
12.7 Grint
Every time I go to any golf course in this area I see all these signs saying that the course is not responsible for damage to your car due to errant golf balls. One local course has a really bad design, with the parking lot just beyond the 18th green. 20 yards long and you have a situation. Other courses are better, but a shank or hozzle shot on various holes could cause damage.

I am curious, has anyone's car ever been hit by a golf ball when parked on the course?

Whiskey

I took a hit driving past the course. It has netting, but it's always ripped so a ball must have flown right through and got me. I went right to the club house and told them which group I think it was but since I didn't know exactly I couldn't even ask the people to cover the windshield

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I hit my work van while I was practicing pitches in my yard. Tried a flop with the wrong wedge and bladed the damn thing straight into the side of it. But no, never at a course.

I took a hit driving past the course. It has netting, but it's always ripped so a ball must have flown right through and got me. I went right to the club house and told them which group I think it was but since I didn't know exactly I couldn't even ask the people to cover the windshield

That's when you put the sucker in 4x4 and drive up to the joker that hit you! I kid, I kid, but I think instead of driving to the clubhouse, I'd have parked and walked onto the course to have a conversation with the perp.

That's when you put the sucker in 4x4 and drive up to the joker that hit you! I kid, I kid, but I think instead of driving to the clubhouse, I'd have parked and walked onto the course to have a conversation with the perp.

The guy hitting the shot wasn't at fault there though. If it's gone through a hole in the net then it's down to the club surely?

I have not had mine hit but while at a golf course we saw a car have a ball go through the back window. Shockingly the guy who hit it was waiting by the car he hit to let the person know it was him who hit it when they got in.

The guy hitting the shot wasn't at fault there though. If it's gone through a hole in the net then it's down to the club surely?
If I'm driving down the road in a stretch where there is normally a guard rail, but it has recently been knocked down in one area and I run through it and crash into another car, who is responsible, me or the state?

To be clear, I'm not advocating driving on the course, that part was a joke, but I do say the person who hit the shot is responsible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have been on the other end once, on a hole following a passing street, I popped one up way high and into the street. some freak timing, it bounced just in front of the passing car and bounced under the car a few times.

we exchanged information but I never heard from him

I have hit a few low screaming hooks into traffic but never heard an impact or screeching tires LOL.

I have not but had a friend who was hit on a driving range by a golfer to his side. A day later he had a major stroke. Caused him to loose the ability to walk and affected his brain.Dulled his senses and speech. He died four or five years later.

Not since high school when it was parked at my home course right behind the 9th green. I learned to park a little farther down the parking lot after that.

I have hit a moving car and broke its windshield, also when I was in high school.

Not to my knowledge.

nope, thank goodness

That was my first attempt that is the course was negligent, but it's a township municipal course so trying to contact someone to just get the three or four hundred was and extremely tedious task

Mine has not been hit because I'm super aware of that sort of thing from my time in working at a course.

And maybe some rowdier times when a tee shot may have gone errant off of my club...

Mine has not been hit because I'm super aware of that sort of thing from my time in working at a course.

And maybe some rowdier times when a tee shot may have gone errant off of my club...
Got hit driving by the range at my old club. Someone hit a wicked slice that skipped off the road & caught the leading edge of my hood on the way up. Left a nice dent.

This is why I try & park as far away from the clubhouse or any hole close by if possible. Just for any errant shot that might stray towards the parking lot. It may hit another car before reaching mine. HA!

If I'm driving down the road in a stretch where there is normally a guard rail, but it has recently been knocked down in one area and I run through it and crash into another car, who is responsible, me or the state?

To be clear, I'm not advocating driving on the course, that part was a joke, but I do say the person who hit the shot is responsible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That seems a pretty extreme example. Unless there's giant holes in the netting how is the golfer to know the ball could go through?
It's up to the course to make repairs if the net isn't doing what it's there for.

I caught one thin at the Taylormade Experience in Vegas, parked it in the middle of the Las Vegas Blvd. Nothing hit, but scared the hell out of me!

I have never been hit but I hit a truck one time. It was a par 4 with a road around 250 out. The hole dog legs and I pushed my drive. It hit the back quarter panel of the truck on the fly. By the time I walked down to where it was driving by he was gone. My guess is it was a work truck and he didn’t give a thought about it and kept driving.

Never hit one but my truck has been hit, sitting in my driveway. They had to have hooked it over the house and caught the hood.

Friend of mine had a windshield obliterated by a range ball when we were on the course one day. The hole that thing left in the windshield was crazy, glass all over the interior as well. I believe the course ended up paying the deductible to get it replaced. The offending golfer didn't say a word to anyone at the course.

Luckily my car was parked 6 feet to the right lol.

Not parked but leaving the lot. I picked up my son from high school golf practice at the course. The parking and regress parallels the 18 hole. as he shut the door and i put it in gear and looked forward to drive just to see a ball on the perfect trajectory for my windshield. sure enough, smack into the windshield and destroyed it. as luck would have it, it was a customer of mine and he paid the bill

I hit a car once. I left my contact info on his windshield but never heard from them. I also witnessed a playing partner hit a moving car and the car stopped to exchange words. If there wasn't a fence they might have exchanged blows. My buddy pulled out 300 cash and handed it to them and they drove off.

Mine hasn't, but the thought has certainly crossed my mind when since there's a road that runs the length of a hole at my home course. Yeah there's a fence there, but I've seen people hook tee shots into the road many times.

Back