The Car Shopping Thread

The Car Shopping Thread

Did some digging. I stand corrected. There was a A/Z Pin incentive available, but it wasn't something that we must have had available here in out Midwest market. From what I'm reading, it was set to expire at the end of February. If they DID extend it, then I would jump on that offer ASAP. Most dealerships don't go and price a vehicle below invoice, and those that do, don't go THAT much below invoice. A/Z Pins are priced (a lot of times) WAY below invoice. SOOOO, if you CAN get a A/Z Pin, make sure you get a copy of the invoice showing that price in your hand, along with a copy of the A/Z Pin rebates for that vehicle, too. I'll be more than happy to verify those for you, too.

They did extend the conquest pin thru April 4th.

I am more than happy to generate a pin for mudflap. Let me know how I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my 9 years as an F&I Manager at a Ford store, we've never had an A/Z Pin promotion like that. Glad it's there and can be used to help others and make some sales. What dealership do you work at Stribs?

Ended up getting a Ford Edge to replace my Honda. So far, I am impressed with the 2.0 ecoboost. Has a lot more power compared to my Honda. What I love most about it, was the 0% on the financing.

7d4397ec590eaa08310e116e4aa37b67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ended up getting a Ford Edge to replace my Honda. So far, I am impressed with the 2.0 ecoboost. Has a lot more power compared to my Honda. What I love most about it, was the 0% on the financing.

7d4397ec590eaa08310e116e4aa37b67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Ii looked at those too, just a bit small for my 6'5 270 self 

In my 9 years as an F&I Manager at a Ford store, we've never had an A/Z Pin promotion like that. Glad it's there and can be used to help others and make some sales. What dealership do you work at Stribs?

I'm actually a commodity buyer in Dearborn. I purchase steering wheel switches, paddle shifters, keypad, and various push button switches in the cockpit and on the Instrument panel.

Thanks again, I'll get you the info tomorrow once the deal is complete.

I'm actually a commodity buyer in Dearborn. I purchase steering wheel switches, paddle shifters, keypad, and various push button switches in the cockpit and on the Instrument panel.

Can you find the part to fix the airbag recall my 2014 Mustang GT has been waiting for for 6 months? That'd be greaaaaaaaaat.

Can you find the part to fix the airbag recall my 2014 Mustang GT has been waiting for for 6 months? That'd be greaaaaaaaaat.

Lol I can probably tell you the buyer who bought the part but can't do too much more than that. Sorry to hear you're having problems and are having to wait.

Lol I can probably tell you the buyer who bought the part but can't do too much more than that. Sorry to hear you're having problems and are having to wait.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll have a new work car (it's my long term demo) before the part comes in. lol

I really want an Explorer Sport, but no the price tag that comes with it

I really want an Explorer Sport, but no the price tag that comes with it
We are hearing they are going to be making an XLT Sport option for the 2017 MY. Haven't heard the price point yet, but my GUESS is it should fall between the high end of the XLT cost and low end of the Limited cost.

So, assuming the wife's Honda Fit gets written off, we are in the market for a new car.

She still wants something with a comparable amount of space inside the car (she uses it for catering for her restaurant). I really can't think of anything else in the same-ish price range, with a comparable cargo space, and decent enough fuel mileage.

I absolutely hate car shopping.

Edited: I made an idiot post without thinking first and I probably offended some people. I apologize.

Oh, and I also hate car shopping lol.

Last edited:
I did my car for 84 months. Definitely regret it though.

No offense taken Army.

I did it for the lower payment. At the time I needed a car badly and needed as low of a payment as possible. 0% financing helped.

No offense taken Army.

I did it for the lower payment. At the time I needed a car badly and needed as low of a payment as possible. 0% financing helped.

O% for 84 months??? Yeah I woulda stretched it out too free money

No offense taken Army.

0% is something I didn't even consider as possible. Wow.

Van shopping has started. Can probably get a much better interest rate than my current one and don't think I'll be upside down if I trade it in.

Van shopping has started. Can probably get a much better interest rate than my current one and don't think I'll be upside down if I trade it in.
Have i got a deal for you! Lol

Have i got a deal for you! Lol

Lol hoping to check one out soon. Found a 2013 Grand Caravan for 13,500. Kinda high on the miles but won't have to finance it for that long at that price

Lol hoping to check one out soon. Found a 2013 Grand Caravan for 13,500. Kinda high on the miles but won't have to finance it for that long at that price
How many miles?

Back