Howdy from Los Angeles!

aenemated

Reaction score
Handicap
Despite playing golf for over 30 years ... AND being in the technology business for 20 years ... I've somehow never joined a golf board.

Weird.

Clearly this has now changed.

Hi guys! From Los Angeles but originally from the Piedmont of North Carolina. (Yes, I've played the Deuce) Grew up playing Keith Hills in Buies Creek, NC. Started around age 7; playing with dad - a fine player himself. All-Conference all through high school but blew it my senior year on one goddamn hole. Tried to walk-on at NCSU (where I studied Computer Science and am a software engineer these days) but didn't quite make it. At 41 years old now; love it as much as ever ... even if my scores have added up like the years since them days. Playing around a 12 these days as I don't get out as much as I'd like.

Bag is Titleist TS3 driver, my OG Nike Covert 3 wood (which I adore), Callaway Apex 3 & 4 Hybrid, Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, Vokey 52°, 56° and 60° and my trusty old Scotty Newport putter. If all this matters - which I suspect it might.

Looking forward to some fun conversation. Or nonsense. Whichever is more appropriate around here.

Welcome to THP!

Thank you sir! Fun to see you in Honolulu; that avatar of mine is from the little muni/range in Waikiki behind the beach - I was getting some work in before playing the Palmer course up at Turtle Bay.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! Fun to see you in Honolulu; that avatar of mine is from the little muni/range in Waikiki behind the beach - I was getting some work in before playing the Palmer course up at Turtle Bay.

Ahh good ol Ala Wai I presume! I still haven’t played there, but I will eventually. Let me know if you get out this way again. We’ll tee it up for sure!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Despite playing golf for over 30 years ... AND being in the technology business for 20 years ... I've somehow never joined a golf board.

Weird.

Clearly this has now changed.

Hi guys! From Los Angeles but originally from the Piedmont of North Carolina. (Yes, I've played the Deuce) Grew up playing Keith Hills in Buies Creek, NC. Started around age 7; playing with dad - a fine player himself. All-Conference all through high school but blew it my senior year on one goddamn hole. Tried to walk-on at NCSU (where I studied Computer Science and am a software engineer these days) but didn't quite make it. At 41 years old now; love it as much as ever ... even if my scores have added up like the years since them days. Playing around a 12 these days as I don't get out as much as I'd like.

Bag is Titleist TS3 driver, my OG Nike Covert 3 wood (which I adore), Callaway Apex 3 & 4 Hybrid, Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, Vokey 52°, 56° and 60° and my trusty old Scotty Newport putter. If all this matters - which I suspect it might.

Looking forward to some fun conversation. Or nonsense. Whichever is more appropriate around here.
Where are you in LA? Always looking for playing partners!

Posted by my thumbs.

Where are you in LA? Always looking for playing partners!

Likewise man! I live kinda near Ladera Heights and work in Marina Del Rey. I'm always down for pretty much anywhere.

My regular group tends to stick to the same tracks; mainly Rio Hondo and The Ike.

Welcome!!

Welcome.
Also from LA. Little west of K-Town.

Welcome to THP!

Handsome Rottie! I've got two myself.

Welcome to THP

Belated welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

We are good for both conversation and nonsense! (I'm much better at the latter, but ymmv)

:welcome:

Likewise man! I live kinda near Ladera Heights and work in Marina Del Rey. I'm always down for pretty much anywhere.

My regular group tends to stick to the same tracks; mainly Rio Hondo and The Ike.

I'm out in Westlake Village. I used to live in MDR, but there is no good golf around there. I haven't played Rio Hondo in years.

Welcome to THP!

Back