Shaft Color: Does It Matter To You?

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
Alright...get the immature laugh out. Feel better? Great!

Now, no longer do we see the same silver shaft in all clubs. We now see shaft colors of just about every color under the sun over the years with different finishes, some with multiple colors and even custom colors (like those from the THP/Project X Experience).

So, now I ask. Does the color of the club shaft matter to you? Do you like it to match the club head? Are there any colors you gravitate towards or avoid? Are there any other factors that go into your decision making.

Shaft color makes no difference to me at all. I've played with normal black shafts and a bright orange Grafalloy Bimatrix before. As long as it performs I'm fine with it. If it happens to match the head then that's great! Same thing with grips too. If I find a model I like and they happen to make a color that matches the shaft/head I'll get it but if they don't it doesn't bother me.

It used to a few years ago when I wanted really "cool" looking clubs even if they weren't great for my game. It matters less now but if they happen to be cool too, great.

I prefer less colorful shafts. I just don’t like to have bright color such as yellow/red/orange/gold. I don’t mind the logo or letters as long as it’s small and thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's way down the list of priorities. Way down...

Nah it doesn't matter to me. Although I'd love to try some black/red or black/blue Recoil Proto's in my irons.

It matters a bit but if it's working I can deal with a color I'm not fond of. Although I'll be buying the new version of the V2 that compares to my white V2 Tour because I prefer the black color.

Color doesn't matter to me at all. It could be pink like Bubba's & I wouldn't care as long as it performs and performs well.

I don't think it matters to me, have always wanted cool looking shafts in my clubs just so I can stare at them, but it's not priority.

No issue at all as long as it does what I need it to do.

Yep. It does, there are certain color combos of head and shaft I cannot get past.

It does to me somewhat. Other than red, I much prefer more muted colors like black, gray and white. But if a bright yellow and green shaft significantly out performed everything else, I would game the heck out of it.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

My preference is that it look cool and match but color or lack of matching would not stop me from buying shafts that perform well for me.

It doesnt really matter to me. The only time I probably would care is if I had a choice of various colors.

Shaft color makes no difference to me at all. I've played with normal black shafts and a bright orange Grafalloy Bimatrix before. As long as it performs I'm fine with it. If it happens to match the head then that's great! Same thing with grips too. If I find a model I like and they happen to make a color that matches the shaft/head I'll get it but if they don't it doesn't bother me.
+1
b.png

When I first get a new, different colored shaft I notice the color for maybe 2 or 3 shots.....but after that I don't seem to notice and, or, think about the shaft's color.

I think it does for me, but not as much as it used to in the past. I want something thats going to pop loud or blend perfectly with the driver head haha so im not that picky. I just dont want it to be obviously ugly

Shaft Color: Does It Matter To You?

Looks in general matter, and matter a lot. So for me, yes it does.

For most things I tend to gravitate towards red white and blue schemes. But I like the entire club to look good together. It’s why I’m getting a different head on my THCE shaft, and keeping my epic on the raw version. I’m perfectly fine admitting that looks matter more than most things to me with golf equipment

It would be a minor nuisance. That being said, if the shaft was plaid and the club head was neon polka dots and sounded like an arooga horn everytime I hit it, as long as it went where I wanted it too...don't care!

I prefer shafts that aren't over the top bright. But when it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter that much. I don't pay any attention to the shaft while swinging the club.

Not at all. My sole factor in golf shafts is performance. If I have confidence in it, it does not matter what it looks like.

I didn't think so, but I'm not sure black clubs with steel shafts is nearly as cool as blacked out shafts.

Alright...get the immature laugh out. Feel better? Great!

Now, no longer do we see the same silver shaft in all clubs. We now see shaft colors of just about every color under the sun over the years with different finishes, some with multiple colors and even custom colors (like those from the THP/Project X Experience).

So, now I ask. Does the color of the club shaft matter to you? Do you like it to match the club head? Are there any colors you gravitate towards or avoid? Are there any other factors that go into your decision making.

I like the color to pop and or blend in to the colors in the head.

I like pink green blue - really should blend in with the colors of the heads though

The entire look should be clean and mesh well together

Doesn't matter to me

Back