luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Many of those are not drivers.
And they are overcharging

Many of those are not drivers.
And they are overcharging

If you add up the total cost of all 24 clubs plus shipping it amounts to $8.12 per club. There looks like there is a bunch of clubs there that would work just fine for individuals without a lot of income available. These clubs are are older Callaways, Taylormades, Titelists, and Adams

I'll have to agree with JB on this. They're all ancient except for the 917 driver sitting in the back. If you were buying this to give away to people who can't afford to buy their own, cool. But trying to sell anything that's over a model year old isn't worth the time you put in to it.

How many driver's do you need? Is that all they need, no irons, putters,bags etc?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

At that rate, why not just donate them to the first tee or something? Only thing worth a dollar is the 917D.

More important question is how many can you say you've owned??? I count 5 for me. lol

I have 3 of those in my garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that rate, why not just donate them to the first tee or something? Only thing worth a dollar is the 917D.

The R7's show $20-25 on CPO. The TM Burner shows $15, I think. Depending on what shaft is in that 917, it's showing $100 on CPO. I'm thinking it might be possible to turn some of them on CPO to recoup some of the cost, then sell the other on eBay with starting bids of $1 or so to try to make a little. You're not gonna get rich, but it looks doable. Just depends on how much time you have on your hands.

More important question is how many can you say you've owned??? I count 5 for me. lol

I count 4 for me... 5 if I ever owned a "Hawkeye", but I don't think I did.

Looks like a big waste of energy to me but if you have the energy ........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like most of you are missing the point. I know most of you have been spoiled by the latest and best equipment money can by. Therefore this post probably wasn't your cup of tea. However, the main reason I thought this might be of interest in this forum is because of posts I have read where someone who doesn't have a whole lot of money to spend is looking for starter clubs for a son, a nephew, etc, or some other person who they are trying to get to take an interest in golf. Someone who is just starting out and doesn't have much money to invest in the sport and maybe they will find out they really don't like it anyway. In those cases, there's no sense in spending a fortune.

Is that a long hosel Burner ?

The R7's show $20-25 on CPO. The TM Burner shows $15, I think. Depending on what shaft is in that 917, it's showing $100 on CPO. I'm thinking it might be possible to turn some of them on CPO to recoup some of the cost, then sell the other on eBay with starting bids of $1 or so to try to make a little. You're not gonna get rich, but it looks doable. Just depends on how much time you have on your hands.
I don't think the whole "flipping" thing was the point of the post. I think it was for charitable reasons or for looking out for those not able to purchase brand new stuff. That being said, you'd be able to set up about 5-6 people with some metalwoods based on what's in this listing. I still stand by my comment of donating to a charity or first tee organization.

I don't think the whole "flipping" thing was the point of the post. I think it was for charitable reasons or for looking out for those not able to purchase brand new stuff. That being said, you'd be able to set up about 5-6 people with some metalwoods based on what's in this listing. I still stand by my comment of donating to a charity or first tee organization.

Seems like most of you are missing the point. I know most of you have been spoiled by the latest and best equipment money can by. Therefore this post probably wasn't your cup of tea. However, the main reason I thought this might be of interest in this forum is because of posts I have read where someone who doesn't have a whole lot of money to spend is looking for starter clubs for a son, a nephew, etc, or some other person who they are trying to get to take an interest in golf. Someone who is just starting out and doesn't have much money to invest in the sport and maybe they will find out they really don't like it anyway. In those cases, there's no sense in spending a fortune.

Exactly. Flip them all and set someone who needs a new set up with a set that will last them many years. I know it's doable, but it'd be hard to play a decent round with just a driver and a couple fairway woods and/or hybrids. If you flip them all, it's feasible to think you could acquire a set of irons, wedges, and a putter with the proceeds.

Looks like most garage sale "finds" around here

except for that 917, which is oddly misplaced in this set

seller is 2nd Swing, so let's assume they know what they're doing

PGA Value Guide for 917D2/3 is $142 for Low, that makes all the other equipment $28

I still have the 3w version of the Tour Burner. I remember that my uncle had the copper-colored Burner and I tried to swing it as hard as I could on a wet day. I lost my grip and the club flew further than the ball into a lot of undergrowth. It took me a while to climb in and out of there to retrieve it.

Back