annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I was wondering if its just me or are a lot of you watching less of the tour. I thought when I became an empty Nester I would enjoy nice Sundays watching the Tour. But I find myself watching a little and walking away.i AM not very interested in the play or the players. Could be generational. i could watch Phil. Tiger, Freddie and Norman play all day.

I am watching less. I will always watch the masters and US open but besides that it’s no biggie to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me, I'm watching a lot!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

If there was such a thing as watching to much golf on TV. I would certainly fall into that category.

I think I am watching less, but my wife has been saying that it is all that is ever on. Maybe I am not watching as intensely as I used to.

I don’t watch much these days. It’s a combination of having limited time and also tournaments lasting so long, just don’t have the time to invest in watching.

Golf is on more this year, mostly because I'm in the THP Fantasy League, but I'm not watching too close.

Golf is on a lot until the local courses open which is usually around The Masters.

I'm watching more than I ever have. But a lot of that is because the wire has gotten into it the past couple of years. She's even watching when I'm not around... And she's not even a golfer. It's been fun!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am watching less but that is mostly depending on who is playing and what is going on. Spring time is time i get the yard aerated and put down pre emergents.... got too many tings going on around the house getting my gardens going right no....

I'm still watching as often as I can. No such thing as too much golf.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The degree of my watching has always been cyclical.

Although Johnson or Koepka or Tiger or Phil or Ernie or Norman or Faldo or Tom Watson have piqued my interest in the past, when I'm into it, I'm into anyone playing PGA golf.

My watching habits are virtually unchanged for 25 years or so.

I am watching less and I am retired so you’d think I’d be watching more. It’s not just golf but NFL football and TV in general. I decided a couple years ago not to waste 3 hours watching a football game every Sunday. Instead I’ve been playing golf or hangin out with friends and family. This afternoon I went to the club for 3 hours and played Pebble Beach on the indoor simulator with a buddy and my 13 year old daughter. Once summer arrives I’ll be out on the course and/or boating every weekend so my golf will have to be the highlights on the Golf Channel after the sun goes down.

I try to watch every weekend. This season, I've been super busy, but as the tournaments get better, my attention grows stronger.

I'll usually watch when it's a relatively big event like this weekend but once summer comes my TV time will be cut a ton except for majors.

I've just recently started playing again. So, I haven't been watching except for big tournaments. I just re-subscribed to the Golf Channel last week. I generally don't find most of the new generation fun to watch. I like Tiger and Rory and I root for a few others but for the most part I'm semi-interested. I did watch Bay Hill though.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I watch a crap load. From PGA, LPGA and Champions. Whatever is on the Golf Channel at the time. I'll watch golf on network tv during the weekends if I'm home then put on the Golf Channel to watch the replay.

Once the weather permits me playing golf, I spend a lot less time watching golf.

Many years ago I abandoned television in an effort to improve the quality of life. I’ve since mellowed a bit, I now have a tv and even signed up for the golf channel at the start of this season. So far I’ve only spent a couple of snowy afternoons watching golf, I’ll likely never turn it on once the weather makes playing an option.

Last edited:
Watch every weekend.

I watch less golf but not because of the golf. The number of commercials seems to be getting worse which means less golf and more advertising which really turns me off from watching anything!!

I never have been a big fan of watching golf on TV so I am probably watching about the same, which is very little. The Open Championship and the US Open are the only 2 tournaments that I consider must see TV. The rest I can do with or without watching and definitely will not forgo playing myself to watch them.

Watch every weekend.
+1.

Golf Channel is awesome when it comes to coverage on tour during a tournament. Some Saturday's, for example this one, I'll be out all day and not able to watch any of The Players. But always around 8pm-9pm to like midnight they'll replay the round. So it's always convenient.

Sunday's I usually tee off in the morning anyway and home by the final group going off or whatever.

for me it depends on the time of year really. When im not playing a lot of golf i dont care to watch it a lot. But come spring time and summer time, I love watching it especially after I play a round

Back