How has your 2019 golf season started?

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday i had my first green grass session hitting balls since November. Winter sim and net practice seems to have put me on the right track for my first round of the year tomorrow.

so how have your seasons started; cooking hot? Forgotten how to swing? or waiting for the snow to melt to find out?

Fortunatley, mine never ends so therefore never really begins.

Went down to Palm Springs in late Jan, but with my wife, infant son and mother for a family vacation. Managed to get away once to play La Quinta's Mountain Course. Didn't play too well (97) due to using rental clubs (they were nice brand new M4's, but couldn't dial in yardages) and was paired with a very attractive lady with a gorgeous swing so that may have distracted me a little bit. Beautiful course and a nice scenic start to the year. Would've been nice to shoot a little better.

Went down to Palm Springs in late Jan, but with my wife, infant son and mother for a family vacation. Managed to get away once to play La Quinta's Mountain Course. Didn't play too well (97) due to using rental clubs (they were nice brand new M4's, but couldn't dial in yardages) and was paired with a very attractive lady with a gorgeous swing so that may have distracted me a little bit. Beautiful course and a nice scenic start to the year. Would've been nice to shoot a little better.

I presume when your wife asked how you played, you only mentioned the rental clubs as the excuse! :alien:

Started out quite well. See if it continues today or if it was just a fluke.

Yeah, mine never ends either. With that said, my ball striking with my driver, hybrids, and woods is great. Irons are so-so. Short game is decent. Shot my lowest score at one of the courses I play. Overall, this season really looks promising. I think I've finally found my swing again after a 5 year layoff. I'm very optimistic.

I try to play all year, but the weather is prohibitive at times. I have been playing a lot lately this month in the cold. It is always strange playing in a ton of layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first round of the year was interesting. It started hot with several pars and a birdie but ended a few shots above my handicap. Some rust still remains.

It started great (39 on the front nine, but 46 on the back) but an 85 was acceptable for a round in January.

Haven't played since. Most places have been closed because of cold and snow, but right now I don't want to deal with cart path only and the swampy conditions.

Since we still have over a foot of snow on the ground, my season hasn't started yet. But, the weather man says the temps should get up into the 50's next week, so that gives me some hope.

It will be a a month or so for me, at least able to play some over the winter in warmer destinations.

Waiting for green grass and for my swing to feel comfortable again. I'm working on getting my elbow to stop flying out (think Daly) so it's looking really ugly with a few hints of progress sprinkled in.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Freaking terrible! I went to Florida twice to play, it was awful. I played on a sim last week where i discovered that my club face is always open at impact. I'm in the process of trying to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We have been fortunate in the UK that in general we had a mild winter, our home course stayed open all year and on full greens. Have sat a few weeks (5 weeks) out due to availability of playing partners and work commitments. Backend of last eason thought i had found something with my swing and ridding myself of a hook that i have fought for 3-4 seasons but I have had a few false dawns. However played a few times now and look to be playing the best golf i have played in 5 or 6 years. Hopefully it will continue and i can nibble away at my handicap.

Mine starts next Sunday, super excited to get out there! One more range session planned and some more putting down in the basement through the week!

I've played 27 holes so far this month. The first time, after 9 holes, I quit due to back stiffness and aches and pains. 3 days later I played 18 with a little discomfort, but no big problem. I can't wait for the warmer weather.

Get back to you in 4-6 weeks when it's warm and dry enough for me. Odds are it won't be pretty, since I haven't touched a club since October.

I started out on an absolute hot streak shooting 3 or 4 rounds between 73 and 75 in Jan/Feb. I've since cooled off a little bit and seem to be back in my usual wheelhouse of 78-82.

I see no reason why I can't be the version of myself that shoots breezy 75s all the time, just gotta keep working.

Tore some cartilage in my left hand President's Day weekend, only played once since then, and while it doesn't really hurt, it's sore enough to throw off my swing...

so I'd say not great.

I certainly have not gotten out as much as I would like due to rain and cold. Despite being layered up and playing in cold, windy and soft conditions I am averaging 3-4 strokes lower than I was at the same time last year. I definitely attribute it to the equipment I came back with from #TheGrandaddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My season won't officially start until I don't hear squish, squish, squish on every step in the middle of the fairway. But it looks like the next 10 days are going to be dry. So maybe by Wednesday of next week the fairways will be dry enough to not get splattered on almost every shot. :bulgy-eyes:

Cold and wet. So it hasn't started. Doesn't look like it will for a couple more weeks.

With a lesson this past Wednesday.

I've only played 3 times since the first of the year, still waiting on it to start.

Back