The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I think we all know how this ends :wink:

wq3k9eK.jpg

Bag is getting dialed in and I will be reviewing the scorecards to decide on the bag makeup for the greatest tournament of the year!

I think we all know how this ends :wink:

wq3k9eK.jpg
Lol. Sorry. But #TeamStripeShow is going to be the last one standing!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Do we have any clue on what the format is going to be yet?

No idea. But plenty of time. I suggest you just make sure you will be able to take the beating.

#KarateChop

200w.gif

I have been thinking about this as well. I am sure whatever they end up choosing it will fun. I am contemplating adding a Callaway club to my bag and thinking a pair of MD3 wedges would look killer in the bag. Whats a good grind for someone that comes in a tad steep?

I have been thinking about this as well. I am sure whatever they end up choosing it will fun. I am contemplating adding a Callaway club to my bag and thinking a pair of MD3 wedges would look killer in the bag. Whats a good grind for someone that comes in a tad steep?
W grind. I have a 54 and 58 in that grind and I'll be out later today with them. I'll post up my thoughts later tonight.

Based on their website, you'll want to pick something up in W-grind

W grind. I have a 54 and 58 in that grind and I'll be out later today with them. I'll post up my thoughts later tonight.
Thanks! I play these lofts currently and they fit my gaps perfectly.

Thanks! I play these lofts currently and they fit my gaps perfectly.
Always have loved the 50-54-58 setup.

Just from looks alone they look great. I think they will be even better on the course though.

Always have loved the 50-54-58 setup.

Just from looks alone they look great. I think they will be even better on the course though.

Get those dream killers ready broseidon :wink:

I have been leaning in the direction of taking my 50* out of the bag as I hardly use it. Its fills my 90 to 105 gap but honestly I have been working on flighting my PW for this shot recently and feel much more confident with my 54 and 58. Then re working the top end of my bag with an extra club, like a 5 wood or something.

I have been leaning in the direction of taking my 50* out of the bag as I hardly use it. Its fills my 90 to 105 gap but honestly I have been working on flighting my PW for this shot recently and feel much more confident with my 54 and 58. Then re working the top end of my bag with an extra club, like a 5 wood or something.
I've tried that as well but I just keep finding myself missing that club to fill the gap. So I've stuck with it for awhile now and for me it works really well.

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

More shots are hit from 125 and in. I'd focus on what distances you're 50* we'll get you on full, 3/4 and 1/2 swings. The more yardage you cover at the bottom, it will be more beneficial IMO. You'll use them way more than a 5w!

More shots are hit from 125 and in. I'd focus on what distances you're 50* we'll get you on full, 3/4 and 1/2 swings. The more yardage you cover at the bottom, it will be more beneficial IMO. You'll use them way more than a 5w!

I hear you. I have been working really hard on this area of the course and expect to hit a green from 130 and in very often. (given a decent lie)

Pulling my 3h to add another wedge. The majority of my approach shots are hit with a 9i or a wedge so id rather have that end covered than carry a club I've managed to hit only 13 times in the last 20 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a fan of taking away your 100 yd club.
Just saying.
#TeamEthanatorThrowsDarts

I am a fan of taking away your 100 yd club.
Just saying.
#TeamEthanatorThrowsDarts

The fairways are mowed pretty low I will just run a putt from 100 and in?

The grind!!!

f86ecd94214101c7e0e5a36a53f2791b.jpg

Head to the range in a few minuets myself. What is everyones plan for preparing? do you get more out of range time or does the course time help more? I know for me hitting the range often helps keep my timing sharp.

Back