How early is too early to start drinking on the course?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I teed off at 9 this morning. The course is pretty dead. I've only seen two or three groups out.

Here is the trash on the 9th tee. Based on the cans I'd guess it's all from the same group. It's also safe to say they were here about 30-40 min ahead of me based on how I haven't seen anyone on any of the holes in front of me.

So did they begin they're binge at 7?

Too early? What do you think?
8b1435b400160e54fbf7074490003e1e.jpg

Posted by my thumbs.

Maybe from the previous day? Last group on the course yesterday possibly. When I did drink it was only after the round was over and not on course.

You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning

Buddies of mine and I drove 2 1/2hrs to a course and started drinking upon arrival. That was at 7am.

That's pretty early for beer... now a bloody mary or some irish coffee is a different story.

I"m pretty sure that was the day before. Probably a group that came out late afternoon & played 9 holes & the trash was dumped before they were finished.

But to answer the OP's question .... it's never too early to start! The old saying that my father used to say "it's 5 o'clock somewhere." When he cracked a beer at 7 am after he bogied the first hole

Younger days: IT'S BEER O'CLOCK!!
Now: Where's my Gatorade??

After bariatric surgery, my days of post-round beer drinking are at an end. Maybe I'll sneak a Deep Eddy's Lemon vodka into my Gatorade sometime!

The golf course is like Vegas, time of day is irrelevant. I'll drink whiskey before 7am on the course.

Now that's what I call a shotgun start

If it’s a scramble, I pretty much start in the parking lot prior to tee off—no matter what time. If it’s 6:30, it’s a Bloody Mary or two before digging into Jell-O shots and beer. And in the fall, moonshine.

I don’t really drink on the course when I’m playing my own ball, so I have a different set of ethics for those rounds.

Is this the same question as "How early is too early to start drinking when your Fishing"

I usually refrain until at least 9 unless it's a special occasion.

Sunrise.

Anytime after I'm awake, I s'pose.

What time is sunrise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pint of Evan Williams bourbon in the bag and have a few toots during the round. Love the taste and feel it calms the mind during the round, at least that's my excuse.

I'm not a big drinker on the course. If I do it's usually toward the end of a round.

It's never too early...especially when you're an overnighter and 7am is really like 4pm.

If you want to drink, go ahead.

I have played some of my best golf all tuned up!

Swing Juice! My Father in Law has a birdie flask. Taking pulls after birdies is always good.

19thhole for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3rd shifters do this all the time and I am in no position to judge.

Are you awake? If so, then it's late enough.

I don't think you can put a specific time on this question, like others have said, if its a outing or charity or something like that, there's probably pre-gaming happening before teeing off anyways.

That's pretty early for beer... now a bloody mary or some irish coffee is a different story.

Agree totally with this....never too early for marys or irish coffee, although I've never drank the latter on course.

Back