PING G410 Hybrid - THP Review

All this talk of high launch confirms I'll be putting my BB up against a G410

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This hybrid is fantastic. Hit a few today as far as my buddy’s drivers!

220 straight up hill into the par 5 9th and my ball ended up over the green. Thats kinda silly.

The sound/feel is fun. Enjoying mine quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Boom. Should have the day to finally get some data on this one for everyone.

Won’t be my best numbers with a winterized swing still, but the only goal is to tell the story anyway!

Still waiting for my LH Ping G410 3 hybrid to arrive with the Ping Tour 85 shaft. I should have just ordered it with the stock Alta shaft as I play that in my G400 3 hybrid now and it's solid.

Still waiting for my LH Ping G410 3 hybrid to arrive with the Ping Tour 85 shaft. I should have just ordered it with the stock Alta shaft as I play that in my G400 3 hybrid now and it's solid.

Man, the Alta is surprising in this.

I’m curious to see what my numbers show though.

Man, the Alta is surprising in this.

I’m curious to see what my numbers show though.

Surprising...like in a good way?

Surprising...like in a good way?

It’s holding up to my SS in S flex, and the dispersion has been stellar.

Love reading this! I ordered mine with the Tensei blue in X and I hit it quite well, but the shaft is a bit stout until the rust comes off. Ordered the alta in stiff to try and get more launch and apex. Was only $50. Happy to read you like it.

Love reading this! I ordered mine with the Tensei blue in X and I hit it quite well, but the shaft is a bit stout until the rust comes off. Ordered the alta in stiff to try and get more launch and apex. Was only $50. Happy to read you like it.

If you X bombers are happy with the stiff Alta, I might be good with the Ping Tour 85 Reg I'm waiting to arrive.

No curiosity in this one? I know we have some long time PING hybo fans out there...

Late to the party on this. I tried every hybrid on the market last year before settling on the g400. It has been amazing. Im sure this one is as well. Nice high launch, holds greens better than most of them for me, and I don't fight hooks with it. Exactly what Im looking for.

Nice high launch, holds greens better than most of them for me, and I don't fight hooks with it. Exactly what Im looking for.
This was one of the first things that really surprised me with this hybrid, how soft it lands with little run out. I'm now finding my ball on the green and not in the rough behind it.

I mean, I think the stock Alta CB Stiff shaft is holding up pretty well in this 22*....

2e46229cec95170ceeb43f61c681cb5d.jpg

a7272e316a87e13907d60dd4c4676d65.jpg

215 and 211 on those shots for those curious.

Pretty salty for a 4hy.

I mean, I think the stock Alta CB Stiff shaft is holding up pretty well in this 22*....

Makes me feel confident about ordering R flex, which I hope to do soon.

Makes me feel confident about ordering R flex, which I hope to do soon.

Look forward to your thoughts!

Great number! You launch that thing so low - I’m jelly.

Great number! You launch that thing so low - I’m jelly.
Gracias!

Eh, it’s a 31 yard peak on those two, nothing low about that! Fits pretty closely to the PGA averages chart launch wise which is always fun to look at.

Gracias!

Eh, it’s a 31 yard peak on those two, nothing low about that! Fits pretty closely to the PGA averages chart launch wise which is always fun to look at.

31 works all day. I was just laughing at how much you can deloft the club but the spin is a perfect pairing for it.

No curiosity in this one? I know we have some long time PING hybo fans out there...

I'm very curious. I'm close to moving the G400 3 and 4 for a 4 crossover (no one really talks about it) and a 3 hybrid since they are adjustable (the flat angle at 20 degrees would be perfect to add a 5 wood lofted down. I couldn't "see" much of a difference with the 410 over the 400 but they do feel really nice. The Crossover is the only thing stopping me (probably need more help from the 4 iron than the i200 can give me)

31 works all day. I was just laughing at how much you can deloft the club but the spin is a perfect pairing for it.

All about managing that dynamic loft!

Fell asleep and lost out on a 4H on ebay. I have time though, still working out the kinks of my swing anyways.

While my review will likely go up this week, I want to say some things.

The 410 is better than the 400. It might be a touch bigger, but after hitting them side by side I think it’s better in all areas but some aesthetics, but that’s personal preference.

Flat setting could be a game changer for players who avoid hybrid because of the fear of the hook. I could still turn it over, but the data will show, I hit it better in flat position and I think it’s because I wasn’t worried about a hook and swung free.

The sound is good. It’s not loud, it’s not persimmon-y. It’s a safe tweener.

It’s the best combination of launch, spin, and ball speed I’ve seen in a hybo, maybe ever. I easily hit the 12.5 launch average (which is pretty ideal in a 22 degree hybo at my swing speed) and more importantly spin stayed in the 4200-4400 average range based on settings. With those, a peak over 30y, a damn good descent angle, and then ball speeds approaching some of my 19* hybrids, this thing is borderline silly.

I know it won’t get the looks others will here, but honestly, I think it should.

I bought a 19 last night if it tells you anything at all.

Ah why not, little preview of Foresight GC2 data to maybe spark some convo...

f4ad5fbd083b31e870c90b80c2154c08.jpg

c32c7bf0dd01dd4f1dcabea921796289.jpg

Back