Pancake vs Waffle

Waffle always and it isn’t even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's close.

But Pancake wins. Had some from Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago and it was perfect.

Super late to the party as usual on this one.

My ranking?
French Toast > Waffles > Pancakes

Coming from a household where we ate pancakes for breakfast every weekend as a kid, I could take them or leave them.... and would never get them at a restaurant.

My ranking?

Coming from a household where we ate pancakes for breakfast every weekend as a kid, I could take them or leave them.... and would never get them at a restaurant.

I don't know what it is, but every time I make french toast I feel gross afterwards. Whether it's home made, restaurant or someone's grandma, I always feel bad and I don't know why. All the ingredients individually do not react with my body but put them together and I'm hurting.

My ranking?

100% this!!!! French toast all the time!

I don't know what it is, but every time I make french toast I feel gross afterwards. Whether it's home made, restaurant or someone's grandma, I always feel bad and I don't know why. All the ingredients individually do not react with my body but put them together and I'm hurting.
With pancakes, I can really only eat them from one recipe (one my dad used, and my brother and I in turn now use). And one specific kind of syrup (aunt jemima light syrup), otherwise it is too sweet.

I can't do restaurant pancakes or ones from mixed. The texture turns me off.

When done traditionally both are basically little more than a syrup conveyance device. Rarely eat them. Do have a recipe for whole wheat & cornmeal pancakes and another for oatmeal walnut pancakes that are decent. Better texture and more interesting flavor. Must be served with a moderate amount of real maple syrup and cooked with enough butter to make the edges crispy.......

Waffles that are just a little crispy are so good! And they have little pockets for butter and syrup! 1581639321378.gif

Pancakes.

Who grew up with their mom asking them if they want waffles?

If I get the pancakes from the golf course at worked in college than yes, I will take the pancakes! They were light and crispy on the edges! The best pancakes I have had to this date.

Any other choice, I will take waffles.

It depends on the day and where I am eating them. More often than not I would pick pancakes, but I don't necessarily consider them better than BELGIAN waffles. Both are superior to those little toaster waffles.

This could make me want to eat pancakes!

Any video game people timthetatman fans here? He pretty much sums it up here

Waffles. More surface area for butter and syrup. Pancakes are just too flat.:ROFLMAO:

Pancakes are great but they can't hold fried chicken! Does that tip the balance?

It just has to be waffles. They have just the right amount of crunchiness to them. A nicely cooked waffle has a texture you can relate to. Now, take the common pancake and think of the texture, well that that is something that is truly unremarkable.

Waffles with the squarses filled with butter and drizzle syrup over the top.

both of these are rarely eaten... I enjoy a nice belgian waffle, the big thick waffle with butter, blueberries and syrup. dont make it crunchy and not too soft. much more eggs and meat for breakfast sooo yes i am particular about pancakes and waffles.

I like the consistency of the waffle more. I’m not going to turn down either though.

This could make me want to eat pancakes!

Looking at the box makes my teeth hurt. Is there a contest to pack the most sugar possible in a pancake?

Can't believe there's even a discussion to be had. The answer is waffle.

It's a pancake. Now I will quantify this with a delicious fluffy pancake. Some run of the muck' crappy pancake and I take the waffle, but a nicely made pancake wins out here for sure. I like to spread things on my pancakes, peanut butter, nutella, butter, whatever it may be, have you tried to do that with a waffle? It's awful, and for that simple reason alone the answer is pancake. It's just so much easier and functional.

Waffles if they are done right. They should have a crisp to them. Plus all the little slots are perfect for butter and syrup.

Ummm, waffles 🔥

Back