Goldsmith Tour Model II

TimC

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone. I’ve stepped away from the game for 25 years and am just starting to play again . Playing with Golfsmith Tour Model 2 black dot with regular shaft from the 90’s. My swing has not changed much. Looking to buy a set of Pings but want to make sure I get something comparable in terms of loft etc. Does black dot from the 90s mean the same thing today? Thanks

I am not sure about your equipment question but I am sure that I want to welcome you to THP. I hope your return to golf is fun!!

Hi everyone. I’ve stepped away from the game for 25 years and am just starting to play again . Playing with Golfsmith Tour Model 2 black dot with regular shaft from the 90’s. My swing has not changed much. Looking to buy a set of Pings but want to make sure I get something comparable in terms of loft etc. Does black dot from the 90s mean the same thing today? Thanks

Yes black dot does. In terms of lofts, most of today's clubs are a bit stronger lofted. Part of that is because weight has been able to be shifted lower and deeper, providing more launch and with some modern manufacturing, the clubs have less spin. So less spin, less loft, but higher launch.

With that said, you can find a number of types of irons to fit just about any golfer in terms of looks, budget, etc. If you are set on PING, check out their complete lineup as they have a number of different options and if you played black dot previously, it will mean similar today.

Back