Need a restaurant rec for Dallas

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I lived in the metroplex but that's been too many years ago to really rely on except for a couple of places (Mia's, Avila's).

We're flying in Saturday for the Buffett show and out on Sunday. We really only have time for one good meal. We're staying at the Canopy by Hilton in Uptown so we want to stay in more or less 5-6 miles of that general area.

What say you for Mexican or Tex-Mex? We usually go to Mia's or Avila's if we're near downtown. It's been years since I've eaten at Javier's, is it still really good?

We're not tied to Tex-Mex. What do you say for burgers? Pizza/Italian? Any other suggestions that might be in the must try category?

Thanks.

Bone Daddy's!

Real close to you is Glorias which is always solid. Grimaldis for pizza and Katy Trail Ice house is a cool joint for a beer/burger. Last time I was there I saw Mark Cuban.

It’s been a long time since I moved back from Dallas/Fort Worth area, but I loved Humperdinck’s brewpub. Decent food and good sports bar.

Also, Dallas is where I first had Fuddruckers. Love their burgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uchi - Sushi fun

Nick & Sam's - Steak House

TexMex/Mexican - A ton! Look at D Mag or The Observer for their rankings cause there are a ton to pick from

Grimaldi's or heard Cane Rosso is great for pizza

Hard to pick only having 1 day!

Cane Rosso is good.

I would second Nick & Sam’s for steak, or Truluck’s.

Cane Rosso is solid.

Glorias is decent, but Nate is correct, there are a ton of good Mexican food places in the area.

For a scene you could go to the Mi Cocina between Cole and McKinney Ave and Grimaldis is across the street. It is in the middle of a mixed use development with a lot of bars and restaurants and it is usually hopping.

For gastro-pub with good eclectic food you could check out The Common Table.

Steakhouse: Al Biernat's was always my favorite.

Katy Trail Icehouse is a good late afternoon patio/icehouse experience and good people watching.

Standard Pour down the road in uptown is a good spot for cocktails.

Cane Rosso is solid.

Glorias is decent, but Nate is correct, there are a ton of good Mexican food places in the area.

For a scene you could go to the Mi Cocina between Cole and McKinney Ave and Grimaldis is across the street. It is in the middle of a mixed use development with a lot of bars and restaurants and it is usually hopping.

For gastro-pub with good eclectic food you could check out The Common Table.

Steakhouse: Al Biernat's was always my favorite.

Katy Trail Icehouse is a good late afternoon patio/icehouse experience and good people watching.

Standard Pour down the road in uptown is a good spot for cocktails.

Al Biernat's is a fantastic steakhouse. Mi Cocina was one of my favorites when I lived in the metroplex. 17 years ago. Time flies.

SER - Steak and spirits (pronounced “Sear”)

Best view in the city and amazing food

0e599f2bd8ab685643f6610f47e99547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back