2019 Lynx Black Cat Irons

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Lynx is making a play to get back into the US market and rebuild the name and reputation it had in the past. The Black Cat brand of irons has been refreshed, retooled, and is now being reborn in the US and hopefully it will have some luck along the way.

The Black Cat irons feature a hollow body design that is filled with a polymer to allow for a thin face. It features an injection port screw on the toe and has a familiar look on the whole.

I’m still trying to dig up more information on the new 2019 Black Cat line but what do you think of the looks? I think the black PVD looks good, as always (I’m a sucker for a black iron).

80209a3804684c90d87753981c0bb590.jpg

0a881a764e31a39c47902012d9a50e7b.jpg

They missed it.

A little to blingy for me

A little to blingy for me

Interesting - I never really noticed it. It might be the photo honestly (it is textured for sure not not as cosmetically flashy as the current z585s). I’ll really need to pay attention to that next time they are in hand.

So a few more details - the stock set I received is 5-P (lofts are in the 24-45 range for loft peepers). KBS Tour steel shaft. Crossline grips.

Sound is pretty good. They sound close to the P790s.

Interesting - I never really noticed it. It might be the photo honestly (it is textured for sure not not as cosmetically flashy as the current z585s). I’ll really need to pay attention to that next time they are in hand.
The backs of the irons. The pictures make it look almost like rhinestones around the branding and the top of the cavity. Not a fan of the green either.

Size and shape look good, but I’d have to see in person to decide on the aesthetics.

I swear I've seen component heads exactly like this

The backs of the irons. The pictures make it look almost like rhinestones around the branding and the top of the cavity. Not a fan of the green either.

Similar material and look in hand to the Hogan wedges.

Similar material and look in hand to the Hogan wedges.
Looks more shiny in the picture. The face looks fine. It is just the back of the iron that I didn't really care for.

Looks more shiny in the picture. The face looks fine. It is just the back of the iron that I didn't really care for.

It could be a tiny bit more shiny, but not much. Light hits those shapes pretty hard. Haha.

I’m curious why

The face looks fine but the back is not my style. The half eye and floor mats just don't do anything for me.

Priced pretty competitively at $699 for 5-P with KBS Tour shafts. I’d say that the performance should turn a few heads if people are willing to try them to (although they do have some issues in my book)

They look pretty decent from the front, but I don't care for the aesthetics of the back of the club.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks to me like they started with a ping G iron clone with the core eye then halfway through thought let’s make this a hollow body and cover half the eye up.

Looks to me like they started with a ping G iron clone with the core eye then halfway through thought let’s make this a hollow body and cover half the eye up.

I’ve said it looks like a baby between the G400 and the G700. Thin sole but a wide top line. I will admit the black hides the shape well

Funny, the eye shape reminds me so much of the Burner 2.0 that in my head, that's what's likely under the hood.

Honestly, if the price point is decent on them, I would consider them.

Looks wise, it doesn't offend, and looks a bit unique.

Could be a really decent starter option for people getting into the game.

Funny, the eye shape reminds me so much of the Burner 2.0 that in my head, that's what's likely under the hood.

I forgot all about the burner 2.0! Yup, I can see it.

I don't hate the look, but doesn't seem like something I would play.

I swear I've seen component heads exactly like this

After what happened with their initial offerings (taken from other manufacturers such as Dynacraft) I'm assuming this isn't a Lynx in-house design as well.

I got these on the GCQ today and the results were promising. They were lower spin but not the lowest I’ve tested. As is the trend in GI, lower spin and higher peak height were present. Squarely in the middle of the pack distance wise (and it’s a real good pack I was testing against).

Looks like a P790 and a G400 iron had an illegitimate child.

Lynx is making a play to get back into the US market and rebuild the name and reputation it had in the past. The Black Cat brand of irons has been refreshed, retooled, and is now being reborn in the US and hopefully it will have some luck along the way.

The Black Cat irons feature a hollow body design that is filled with a polymer to allow for a thin face. It features an injection port screw on the toe and has a familiar look on the whole.

I’m still trying to dig up more information on the new 2019 Black Cat line but what do you think of the looks? I think the black PVD looks good, as always (I’m a sucker for a black iron).

80209a3804684c90d87753981c0bb590.jpg

0a881a764e31a39c47902012d9a50e7b.jpg

PVD wears quickly as opposed to the Diamond Black that Hogan uses. I've got a set of Titleist AP3's that are black PVD and after 3 or 4 rounds the scoring irons have worn pretty fast. They're still great looking sticks though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back