What is the best prank you pulled

I use to pull a lot of little pranks, but I think one of my best was when I was working at GEICO in the motorcycle insurance sales department. If we had to put someone on hold, we had to time it. We couldn't let the call go for more than 1 or 2 minute without breaking the hold. To assure that we held hold times to a minimum we were issued digital timers and that we could set the alarm on for whatever time frame we needed. Well, I was able to procure a 2nd timer one afternoon. The young lady that worked at the desk next to mine was off work so I crawled under her desk then taped the extra timer to the back of a drawer and set the time for 22 hours or something like that. Now this is a pretty big room. Probably about 60 or more people in there working on the phones. And one of the things that drove people crazy was a timer that went off for more than a few seconds. I should add that the desks were metal and very good conductors of sound. When the timer went off the next day no one knew where it was. My friend Knew it was loudest around her desk, but couldn't find it anywhere. It probably went off for 5 or more minutes before my buddy who worked there told her where it was. The whole room as in a tizzy wanting to know where that timer was. Of course they thought my buddy did it because he knew where the time was placed. Part of the beauty was that I was off work and no one suspected that I was the culprit. My buddy finally ratted me out to his girlfriend who worked in the same room. Everybody except the target of the prank loved it. The victim didn't speak to me for a week once she learned it was me. My poor buddy was on a call when the timer went off and got to laughing so hard at the frenzied search for the timer that he had to disconnect the call he was on. I hate that I actually didn't get to see the results of it, but not being there made it work better.

we'd always prank each other in the military out on ops/patrol. we had long stretches of nothing to do and the minds of young, bored sailors begin running wild. This one's fun: watch how your shipmate puts on his dungarees. Which leg goes into the pants first? Determine this, and then while he's sleeping sew that leg shut at about knee-level. Do this before Tuesday morning casualty drills. The alarms start going and everyone launches out of their racks. Watch your buddy dance around on 1 foot and then topple over as his foot stops at the knee while getting into his pants. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Sophomore year in high school April fools, I put IcyHot on every mens toilet seat in the school. I had a rubber glove for every bathroom and my brother was the lookout.

Not really a funny prank...kinda just messed up...but,

One day as I was working, a coworker (who was also a family member) comes to me with a plastic grocery bag and says, "You think you can take a dump in this..." So I say, without a moments hesitation, "Sure I can!" So, I go into the restroom, strategically place the bag between the bowl and the seat, and deposit the goods he had requested. I step out of the restroom, walk past a room full of customers (in my "uniform" no less) and make the hand-off. We go to the back of the business, where we're out of site, and he puts on some latex gloves and begins to butter up a dollar, ala Mighty Ducks style. He casually walks out to the back parking lot and drops the dollar so that someone can come upon it. I go back about my business, finishing out my shift, as he casually sits and waits to see who becomes a victim of his sick, twisted prank. Fast forward a few minutes, and the coworker's little brother and another coworker come slipping into the business slightly intoxicated. I finish out my shift, and I'm off the next few days, and so I never really get to see who was made a victim... The next day that I'm scheduled to work, I'm catching up with the perpetrator and getting the scoop on what became of the dollar. He tells me, "I don't know...I got distracted and one minute it was there and the next it wasn't." Well it turns out, that the coworker who showed up intoxicated had picked the dollar up, placed it ever so neatly in his wallet, and then spent the entire weekend clubbing, partying, and intoxicated. Come Monday morning, the perp ask the victim, "Hey, did you see a dollar in the back lot the other day when you came in drunk..." The victim's reply..."Sure did, it's hear in my wallet!" As he pulls it out, he realizes that he had spent the last 72hrs with a sh*t covered dollar in his pocket, and had never been the wiser.

That same perp, and his little brother are notoriously unreliable sources of information as well... They've both become so good at lying while keeping a straight face, that I can't trust anything either of them say anymore.

The perp, a couple years back, told me that one of our cousins had come out as gay... Now this was reasonably believable as the guy had grown up kinda soft and always had kinda feminine qualities about him...not to mention he had been posting lots of pictures of himself out clubbing with other men on social media.

So me, the perp, and his brother are sitting at dinner after the funeral of the cousin's grandfather. The perp goes, "Man, did you hear that Steve came out..." Me: "Did he really?" Perp: "Yea Jim (the roided up father) is real tore up about it." Me: "********..." Perp's Brother: (completely adlibbed) "No, it's true man. Go look at his social media page..."

Flash-forward 3 years in the future...I'm talking to the perp's mom. PM: "Hey, we're doing breakfast on Sunday morning to celebrate Jeff's (college) graduation. Do you want to come? Steve will be in town, and he's bringing his wife." Me: "Sure. I'll see if I can make it." I turn to Jeff..."Since when has Steve had a wife? I thought y'all said he was gay?" Jeff turns to me with that sh*t eating grin, and immediately I realize that I had been believing a lie for 3 years running. I mean, who tells you something like that at a funeral? Who's gonna question something said at a funeral?

Back