wilsonstaffiron

Reaction score
Handicap
Other than the Odyssey, what are some other toe up putters? I've got what looks to be an older lotus toe up and I really like it. It must fit my crooked swing? Thanks

ANY putter that uses a bent shaft instead of a plumbers neck or slant neck hosel CAN be bent to be toe up. You can also change how much toe hang or how face balanced you want them to be if you want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every putter I have ever owned looks Toe Up once I have it behind the ball! zing.

Other than the Odyssey, what are some other toe up putters? I've got what looks to be an older lotus toe up and I really like it. It must fit my crooked swing? Thanks

You mean "raised toe" shaped putters, such as Ping Zing or Cameron Laguna models ?

Toe up putters.

You mean "raised toe" shaped putters, such as Ping Zing or Cameron Laguna models ?

No, the toe hang is literally toe UP.

ANY putter that uses a bent shaft instead of a plumbers neck or slant neck hosel CAN be bent to be toe up. You can also change how much toe hang or how face balanced you want them to be if you want that.

He’s referring to the toe hang in the OP, designs where the hang is literally toe up.

He’s referring to the toe hang in the OP, designs where the hang is literally toe up.

Yes, I’m aware of that. You only need to adjust the bend so that the main part of the shaft points to the toe side of the putter head’s center of gravity and voila, you have a toe up putter.

Face balanced putters have the shaft pointing AT the cg (in line with it, and slightly in front of the putter face, but in line with the cg along the target line). Toe hang putters have it pointing to the heel side of cg. Toe up putters have the main shaft axis pointing slightly out at the toe instead of the heel or center.

I’ve adjusted lots of putters with a simple 3/8 pipe bender. It’s fairly easy to do.

Did you have to heat first? Or just bend away? I don't think I have anything long enough to get where I need to be. I see some destruction in my future,,

Did you have to heat first? Or just bend away? I don't think I have anything long enough to get where I need to be. I see some destruction in my future,,

I’ve never heated it. If you do you might loosen the shaft epoxy, don’t wanna do that.

To adjust one and maintain the same lie angle, you’ll need to add bend to the current bend slightly (decreasing the lie angle) then put another bend below that one, closer to the head, bending the opposite direction (an upright bend). However much you add in one you have to take away with the other.

You do need to use a pipe bender. It has a radiused interior so that the pipe doesn’t crimp. I use a simple Ridgid 3/8 that I picked up off ebay for 15 bucks or so.
be20ab19d95b188f8c28786c683d9e92.jpg

03be707b7eb8d78f122f655bbf179b4b.jpg

e4ef92d03903afdeec0289f6c81b8c71.jpg

You just do it in small increments “massaging” it into place.

Toe up putters.

If you want a toe up putter with a flatter lie just increase the original bend slightly. Done.

But if you want to maintain the original lie angle you have to add a second bend. When you increase the original bend, try to do so on the upper (grip side) portion of the bend. Otherwise you won’t be able to maintain the original lie and make it toe up.

Remember you’re allowed to bend the shaft within 5 inches of the head, any further away and it isn’t legal.

Last edited:
Thanks bluesman, the pics helped a lot and you didn't even have to use crayons,,lol. My brother said he has a bender so I'm off to talk him out of that.

There just happens to be a reasonably priced toe up putter in the FS/FT thread (edel e1 torque balanced)... no need for a bender

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back