Are yardages listed to the front, center or back of the green?

Are yardages listed to the front, center or back of the green?

Depends on where you're getting the yardages. Typically I would assume center, if looking at a yardage book, sprinkler head or similar.

Yardages on sprinklers are usually to the center, but I have played courses where they're distances to the front. Just ask someone in the clubhouse, they should know.

If there is only one yardage listed its usually to the center. Some courses i play have a red number which is front, yellow or white which is middle and then the blue number is to the back of the green

I usually take it as center of green.
And adjust yardage accordingly based on pin placement.

Most times yardages are reflected to the center of the green. In some tournaments, you will receive a green sheet that shows the number of yards the hole is cut from the front and it provides the total depth yardage of the green. Divide the total depth yardage in half, compare it to the yardage reflected from the front, and that will yield the yardage to add or subtract from the center distance.

For example, if a green has a depth of 36 yards and the pin is cut 10 yards from the front. To the center of the green would be 18 yards and the pin is 10 yards from the front, then one must subtract 8 yards from the center measurement.

In the UK we get some courses that use center yardages and some use front yardages. They always tell you on the back of the scorecards over this side of the pond..

My understanding is center of the green unless the scorecard is marked differently.

My understanding is most of the courses I play all the yardages are listed to the center of the green.

Most i have seen are center but a couple of local course have front center and back on the sprinkler heads

In the UK we get some courses that use center yardages and some use front yardages. They always tell you on the back of the scorecards over this side of the pond..

This is the usual for us over here

Last week at The Belfry the yardage markers in the fairway (200,150,100) were to the centre but the yardages on the sprinkler heads were to the front so it is always worth asking

Back