Skying the Driver

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Okay I posted this in the wrong spot the other week and got some tips, but to no avail so here it goes again.

I am having a bad time skying the driver. I am hitting my irons very well and chipping and putting pretty good as well. This sky is a dead straight about 150 yards long 250 yards high haha.

I have been having to use rubber tees on the mats, but I have changed heights and moved the ball forwards and backwards in my stance, but to no avail. Actually on the 3 1/4 tee like I usually use, I was actually hitting so far under the ball I would just hit the tee and the ball would stay on the tee.

PLEASE HELP!

Since you said that you are hitting your irons good that tells me that you are probally hitting down on the ball instead of getting a nice sweep with the driver.

Since you said that you are hitting your irons good that tells me that you are probally hitting down on the ball instead of getting a nice sweep with the driver.

This is the ask The Pro section. Please leave these threads clean until Andy has a chance to answer. Thanks.

The response above is more than likely correct. Many players hit down on the driver like the irons, and this steep swing will pop the ball up with the driver. Getting behind the ball, and staying back there is key with the driver. TO get the feel of hitting up try this at the range. Tee up your ball, and set up with your feet together. Have the ball teed up a couple inches in front of your feet. Swing from here. This will get you hitting up and the feel of staying back behind the ball. Try this out and let me know how it goes.

Back