Best way to increase club speed?

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
ok...im a relative beginner to the game. I've been playing for about a year. I feel like im doing rather well considering my experience. but the one thing that really hurts me is lack of distance. I know about the hitting from inside concept but I have a hard enough time making solid and consistent contact.

Are there any good exercises or drills that would help me to work on increasing club speed?

The first thing I would like you to address is the solid consistent contact. If you can get this covered you will begin to hit the ball farther. If you are looking just for more club head speed the answer is simple. You need to hold the angle between the club and your left arm longer. When you take the club back and hinge your wrists you form a 90* angle with the left arm and the club shaft. From the top of your backswing if you start the down swing by droping the hands and maintaining that angle as long as possible this is where the club head speed comes from. I hope that makes sense. Let me know how it goes for you.

that does make sense. I will work on that next time at the range and let you know. thanks! now hopefully the snow stays away...

Back