Sandman88

Reaction score
Handicap
Rather than take your club back low and inside than up, like this > L

try taking your club straight up the line, like this > \

Then drop your right shoulder at the top and just let the arms flow inside out. That will stop pulls and pull slices. Also, what camera did you use? That video was incredibly and fantastically clear.

Rather than take your club back low and inside than up, like this > L

try taking your club straight up the line, like this > \

Then drop your right shoulder at the top and just let the arms flow inside out. That will stop pulls and pull slices. Also, what camera did you use? That video was incredibly and fantastically clear.

Thank you very much for your input! I will try that tomorrow some time. I have a tournament today, so I don't want to change anything right now. As for the camera, it is a Cannon Rebel EOS T3i. Still working on figuring out how to get the better fps on it, but this should do for now.

Thanks again!

It's a big fix but you have a bit of a sway sandman. On your 6I face on video you can see you really transfer the weight to your back foot which causes a bit of a full body slide. Instead of using your whole body to bring the club back focus on the upper body during the backswing and then the full rotation of the lower body on the downswing. Keeping the lower body as still as you can on the backswing can lead to more consistent contact and better rotation. On the downswing you can see your whole lower body moving back (kind of lunging) towards the ball.

You still have great rotation for your swing, but I guarantee you will see even better hip turn if you keep the lower body still. Your sway is a MINOR flaw and something that a lot of people do and isn't really all that bad, but if you are lacking consistent ball striking and are willing to do whatever you can to improve it's just another thing you may want to look at.

While my explanations are rather confusing, here is a quick video of Luke Donalds iron swing. His lower body is very still with basically only the hips moving throughout the swing.

[youtube]1Ohs4y5E8kc[/youtube]

Swing looks pretty good. Dent knows what he is talking about and that video of Luke Donald should help. Keep hitting them long and straight

Back