Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet - Crazy good

Marengo

Reaction score
Handicap
So some background on me. According to my NCGA profile, I am a 16.4 HC. Not sure how this was calculated because i only have like 5-6 rounds breaking 90. I usually average about 38 putts a round. Horrible, I know. I was using an old Teardrop and an Oddessey Ti-Hot#1. My distance control was horrible and I would push everything. It was like I was fighting my putter. My backswing felt like someone tied a rubberband to the clubhead and was pulling it in a different direction.

I started reading about putter fitting and face balanced versus toe/heel balanced. I picked up a Rife 2bar hybrid mallet and this thing is sweet. My stroke feels totally different with this thing. It actually feels like it is part of my arms. It sounds weird but the balance of this thing is awesome. Off center putts dont die halfway to the hole like with my old putters.

Played two rounds with it so far and have a 32 putt round and a 31 putt round. So excited about this new club that I want to putt around the house with it. Go to the bathroom? Lets see how many putts it takes to get there. Go to eat dinner? Maybe I can 3 putt to the table. Play with the dogs? Here, I'll putt this tennis ball across the floor for you.

Hard to explain the feeling of actually finding a club that makes your game better and lowers your score. Now if I can just find the same with all of the rest of my clubs.

I know the feeling. I was so excited when I got my Scotty that I did (still do) the same thing. I putt around the house and hit balls for my dog. It's a lot of fun and has gotten me very comfortable with my putter.

Back