Flared front foot cause on hips.

sabig27

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok Panda, I need your opinion on which I found two different answers. If one flares their front foot, does this cause more of a pelvic slide or pelvic rotation on the downswing. I'm looking for more of an slight initial lateral bump and then rotate through the shot. I am finding if I think rotational only, I spin my hips out too soon which causes a big slice. It feels when I dont flare out the front foot, I can't hip bump and then rotate through as easy. Thanks in advance.

I like the foot flared. I feel it promotes a good hip clearance. But in your case having a square left foot is allowing your left leg stays stable through the downswing and keep you from spinning out. So I think you should go with a square left foot or front but in order to slow down your hip release. Be careful though because your slice is coming from you opening your chest and getting out in front of the ball not having fast hips. Fast hips are definitely playing a role but this life is coming from you opening up too early with the upper body. Keep that back to the target a fraction longer square up that front left foot and I think you'll see good results

Makes sense thanks Freddie.

Back