Noob question about clubs

Adrian83

Reaction score
Handicap
I've only been trying to learn to golf for a few months. I have hand me down taylormade lcg burner s-90 bubble 2 and a sasquatch driver. And been getting the itch to buy new irons. I know I don't need any yet because my swing is far from good and very inconsistent (taking lessons). So my question.... When is the right time to upgrade your clubs?

The real answer is whenever the heck you want to.
There is no right or wrong time.
I try to tell people that are learning the game to stay away from buying until the swing is repeatable and you feel comfortable moving forward.

I waited until I had a full season under my belt before I bought new irons, even though I hated the hand-me-downs I was playing with and I'm glad I did. I had time to do a lot of research (mostly here on THP) and knew a lot more about what I really wanted when I decided to pull the trigger.

Thank you both for your input. My clubs are in good condition especially considering how old they are. I plan on keeping them for a while. I've actually been reading all types of reviews for lots of diff brands. It pretty much left me more confussed, but I guess I have time to narrow them down before go hit them all. Thx again.

Thank you both for your input. My clubs are in good condition especially considering how old they are. I plan on keeping them for a while. I've actually been reading all types of reviews for lots of diff brands. It pretty much left me more confussed, but I guess I have time to narrow them down before go hit them all. Thx again.

I read so many reviews for so many different clubs and in the end none of it mattered. You can drive yourself crazy reading different reviews but in the end what works for you may not work for me. When you do decide to get some new sticks keep an open mind and go with what makes you confident. Good luck in your quest and stick to reading this forum, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks around here.

Back