natevick87

Reaction score
Handicap
My mustang pretty much crapped out on me these past couple of weeks. I'm getting married in September and been telling my fiancé that I will get her an SUV when we settle in and figure out finances together. Well there is no time for that anymore so we went car shopping. Found an 07 Acura MDX that we both fell in love with. This is just a long-winded way to ask does anyone have/had one? And what are your thought of it?

A coworker has one and loves it, says it is a great car.

You really can't go wrong with Acura. That's all the helpful input i can give, haha.

Thanks y'all. Your right, can't really go wrong with the Honda line.

Have a family friend who has had both of the previous two model platforms and has the new one on order. Needless to say he loves them and he puts on a lot of kilometers and includes towing.

I'm pulling the triger on a 07-12 MDX soon. I love the looks of that SUV.

DO IT.

Excellent vehicle. Love Acuras - tremendous value and reliability.

i know two folks with them; owned since new and well over 100k+ miles w/o any huge issues.

Lots of MDXs in our circle of friends, and neighborhood. They are universally loved with many repeat buyers. Great value in lux SUVs.

That's going on 7 years old though, so pay attention to items that wear with age regardless of the quality of the brand. Shocks, bushings, brake rotors, etc... Those issues will show up in the ride, steering, NVH...use that to negotiate price.

Great car. Good luck.

I do not have a MDX but I have a Acura 3.2 TL with over 200,000 miles on it and have not had one issue. For the last year and a half I have been ithcing to get a new car but this one just wont die ha ha. Acura's are great cars. Good luck

Great car. Built in East Liberty, OH. Its basically a Honda CR-V that has been made quiter, more comfortable and more luxurious. The CR-V is a great car too (probably the best compact SUV on the market) that is rock-solid reliable and should last you at least 150,000 miles with minimal issues.

My boss has one and loves it. However, do realize that you're supposed to put the highest octane fuel in it, so it costs a lot to operate.

Lots of MDXs in our circle of friends, and neighborhood. They are universally loved with many repeat buyers. Great value in lux SUVs.

That's going on 7 years old though, so pay attention to items that wear with age regardless of the quality of the brand. Shocks, bushings, brake rotors, etc... Those issues will show up in the ride, steering, NVH...use that to negotiate price.

Great car. Good luck.

Your right. Thx for the advice. We drove it and it rides great. The steering is tight with no play. It was a quiet ride. I didn't hear any clunks, knocks, or rattles. Although compared to my mustang anything is a quiet and smooth ride.

We had a 2012 MDX that we really loved. They are very heavy so they ride smooth and they are super quiet going down the highway. It drove well in the snow and had plenty of room for whatever we needed. Insurance costs were much better than what I had originally thought as well. I drive A LOT and the mix of bad gas mileage (17 mpg) and premium fuel made us switch to a Subaru. If money wasn't an object we never would have gotten rid of it but such is life.

So thanks you a lot of y'all great reviews we got the Acura tonight. We are very happy with it and it rides great. Even though I hate to get rid of the Mustang I know this was the smart thing to do, and besides I still have my motorcycle to have fun with. :D
MDX_zps76dc2b79.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Saying goodbye :crying:
MDX2_zps835af334.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My boss has one and loves it. However, do realize that you're supposed to put the highest octane fuel in it, so it costs a lot to operate.
You dont have to run 89 or 93 in it. If you put in 87, the ECU will sense detonation and will retard the ignition timing to compensate for it. Now, if you want maximum performance, then by all means run 93 in it but the notion that you MUST run high octane fuel is a myth and an outdated one at that.

Great car. Built in East Liberty, OH. Its basically a Honda CR-V that has been made quiter, more comfortable and more luxurious. The CR-V is a great car too (probably the best compact SUV on the market) that is rock-solid reliable and should last you at least 150,000 miles with minimal issues.
It has nothing to do with the CR-V.

It's built on the same platform as the Odyssey & Pilot and it's built in the Lincoln Alabama plant.

It has nothing to do with the CR-V.

It's built on the same platform as the Odyssey & Pilot and it's built in the Lincoln Alabama plant.
Youre right, Im confusing the MDX with the RDX.

Its part of the Honda family, so you can't go wrong. Our 06 Odyssey is still running strong after 100+K miles.

Good luck with the car.

And hopefully the parts are priced reasonably (not like VW vs Audi). :beer:

Its part of the Honda family, so you can't go wrong. Our 06 Odyssey is still running strong after 100+K miles.

Good luck with the car.

You dont have to run 89 or 93 in it. If you put in 87, the ECU will sense detonation and will retard the ignition timing to compensate for it. Now, if you want maximum performance, then by all means run 93 in it but the notion that you MUST run high octane fuel is a myth and an outdated one at that.

This just isn't true.

Vehicles meant to run on premium will only run well on 91+. Will a vehicle move with 87 or 89? Yep.

Is it good for the motor? Nope.

It will set fault codes and you will be lucky if you get 1/3rd of the fuel mileage the vehicle is rated at. Run long enough and you will cause severe damage to the motor.

This just isn't true.

Vehicles meant to run on premium will only run well on 91+. Will a vehicle move with 87 or 89? Yep.

Is it good for the motor? Nope.

It will set fault codes and you will be lucky if you get 1/3rd of the fuel mileage the vehicle is rated at. Run long enough and you will cause severe damage to the motor.

I respectfully disagree with you. Like I said, the computer will compensate.
Take the Toyota Tacoma V6 for example, its supposed to run on 93 but even Toyota themselves has said that it will run just fine on 89 or 87, while making a little less horsepower.
In the days before knock sensors I would have agreed with you but nowadays, with all the electronics that's no longer the case.

A friends wife has one and he says it pure junk. Lots of little things are wrong with it all the time. Had to put a tranny in it last year as well.Maybe they got a bad one? I wouldn't buy one.

There is a difference between Premium recommended and Premium required. Jrod never said it wouldn't run, he simply stated it's not good for the engine. He's not someone I'm going to disagree with in regards to this.

There is a difference between Premium recommended and Premium required. Jrod never said it wouldn't run, he simply stated it's not good for the engine. He's not someone I'm going to disagree with in regards to this.
Agreed.

Back