So I'm unboxing my new irons and

It would be impossible for me to play that set. The mental side would screw me up. I had a bad shot. Is it because the clubs are fakes?

No thanks!

I just spoke with another person at Callaway who was way more helpful. Claimed the vendor was in good standing and bought a lot of clubs. He said if they were bulk singles closed out they may not have a SN but if they do itd be really small on the club. As far as driver he said it was good. I am going to comb that 8 iron over again tonight and see but he said he felt they were legit.

I just spoke with another person at Callaway who was way more helpful. Claimed the vendor was in good standing and bought a lot of clubs. He said if they were bulk singles closed out they may not have a SN but if they do itd be really small on the club. As far as driver he said it was good. I am going to comb that 8 iron over again tonight and see but he said he felt they were legit.

And what if he bought batches from elsewhere? What if this was a trade in?
Not singling out this vendor, but this is exactly why people should know what they are buying.
Again, its not this vendor, as I dont deal with any, just the all around aspect of clubs like this.

And what if he bought batches from elsewhere? What if this was a trade in?
Not singling out this vendor, but this is exactly why people should know what they are buying.
Again, its not this vendor, as I dont deal with any, just the all around aspect of clubs like this.

I agree. I'm still working the issue and may wind up sending the clubs back just for piece of mind

That'll teach you to buy from someone in Tuscaloosa :alien:

Hope you get it resolved.

No oficial dealer will get knockoffs on the side. They have an account and reputation to keep. If the price was good, enjoy your deal, again, people are always looking for something. A guy returned to me a putter once once, just because I removed the shaft label. Its golf, not surgery equipment

If the set is comprised of pieced together singles that should have been disclosed in the Description.

I'd send them back, get my money back, and buy from Callaway preowned.

I just got off the phone with a rep named Scott. He said everything bought from Callaway Preowned is certified before shipping out regardless if there is a serial number or not

No oficial dealer will get knockoffs on the side. They have an account and reputation to keep. If the price was good, enjoy your deal, again, people are always looking for something. A guy returned to me a putter once once, just because I removed the shaft label. Its golf, not surgery equipment

I can assure you that I am not a conspiracy theory guy. Here we have a golfer that has changed equipment in search of a set he loves. He buys a set that is not labeled as such, but comes mismatched and missing a serial number. If for nothing but piece of mind, someone should receive what they ordered and in this case, that did not happen (as far as what the OP has explained).

If the dealer stands behind the equipment, as you are insinuating, there would be no issue in accepting this return of real golf equipment and/or provide the seller with what was ordered, rather than a mismatched set that has him asking questions.

Only thing different than stated are two grips. People are screaming counterfit just because of that. If lenght and lie is the same I really dont see a problem, just get the refund or ask them to send you matching grips.

Only thing different than stated are two grips. People are screaming counterfit just because of that. If lenght and lie is the same I really dont see a problem, just get the refund or ask them to send you matching grips.

Nobody is screaming. Its a casual conversation to help someone or offer opinions on a purchase.

If I order a set of SpeedBlade irons (random set) from anywhere that has them listed as a set (new). They come and two grips are off and I cant find a serial number. I contact the seller and he tells me its a pieced together set...Well frankly that should have been listed. Because outside of putting each iron on a loft and lie machine, there is no way to know if they are all the same. You hope so, and they should be, but I didnt order something new to have to jump through hoops to get what I wanted. I ordered a set of irons.

Right or wrong, the customer has the power here and he did not get what he ordered (even if its a small gripe). Its always going to be in the back of his mind.

excactly what JB regardless of what the case is they should have been listed properly. message then seller, send them back see if you can some how get a new set from them if theyre super concerned about their feedback rating

Ive emailed him again giving him a chance to fix this. If not I guys I will file a complaint with Ebay.

Nobody is screaming. Its a casual conversation to help someone or offer opinions on a purchase.

If I order a set of SpeedBlade irons (random set) from anywhere that has them listed as a set (new). They come and two grips are off and I cant find a serial number. I contact the seller and he tells me its a pieced together set...Well frankly that should have been listed. Because outside of putting each iron on a loft and lie machine, there is no way to know if they are all the same. You hope so, and they should be, but I didnt order something new to have to jump through hoops to get what I wanted. I ordered a set of irons.

Right or wrong, the customer has the power here and he did not get what he ordered (even if its a small gripe). Its always going to be in the back of his mind.

100% agree. That's BS, if I'm buying brand new clubs I don't expect them to be assorted singles, I expect them to be a set of matching length and lie. I don't even like buying old Eye 2's with different serial numbers.

Ive emailed him again giving him a chance to fix this. If not I guys I will file a complaint with Ebay.

How the vendor responds would have a large impact on my confidence, or lack thereof. If he's legit, he'll make it right.

How the vendor responds would have a large impact on my confidence, or lack thereof. If he's legit, he'll make it right.

Yea he's got 48 hours per ebay so if not settled by cob tomorrow I'm filing my claim

I don't think that's quite right. In addition to the mismatched grips, doesn't the original post say that the 6i and PW logos are upside down? The grips seem to be a dead giveaway that the set was pieced together (which I gather that the seller has now admitted, but didn't advertise). But in terms of counterfeiting, the mismatched logos would concern me the most.

I don't think that's quite right. In addition to the mismatched grips, doesn't the original post say that the 6i and PW logos are upside down? The grips seem to be a dead giveaway that the set was pieced together (which I gather that the seller has now admitted, but didn't advertise). But in terms of counterfeiting, the mismatched logos would concern me the most.

logos are the same just one is up and one is down. All are the crosslines with the chev on them.

All of my clubs are authentic and 100% genuine. I am an Ebay power seller, as well as a Top Rated Seller, Ebay's highest ranking. I have thousands of positive feedbacks on Ebay. A seller cannot possibly achieve that much positive feedback by selling counterfeit items. If my items were fake, my feedback would have reflected it, and I would have been removed from Ebay. That should be all you need to feel confident in me as a seller.

Latest response

Franklin, there's really nothing more we can tell you. Either get a refund or don't, it's completely up to you here. The options have been laid out

Franklin, there's really nothing more we can tell you. Either get a refund or don't, it's completely up to you here. The options have been laid out

After talks with Callaway and others plus you guys I think I'm gonna keep them and play on. The irons feel good when struck. I'm gonna take the 15 bucks and just change the grips.

This 2Deep was purchased from a large ebay golf seller and this happened after only a hundred or so shots. I doubt it's a conterfeit after showing it to one of my buddies who is a PGA pro that works at Golf Galaxy. He told me it was super rare to see a X-flex counterfeit club because they have a very small market. The performance of the shaft was also identical to the Tour Green X in my driver. I will know for sure when I send it back to Callaway after they ship me my replacement this week.
attachment.php

After talks with Callaway and others plus you guys I think I'm gonna keep them and play on. The irons feel good when struck. I'm gonna take the 15 bucks and just change the grips.

Well then there you go. Enjoy your new irons!

This 2Deep was purchased from a large ebay golf seller and this happened after only a hundred or so shots. I doubt it's a conterfeit after showing it to one of my buddies who is a PGA pro that works at Golf Galaxy. He told me it was super rare to see a X-flex counterfeit club because they have a very small market. The performance of the shaft was also identical to the Tour Green X in my driver. I will know for sure when I send it back to Callaway after they ship me my replacement this week.
attachment.php

Wow. I've actually seen that happy to a guy at my local shop. Bought it and headed out to the range. 6 shots in and bam

attachment.php

FWIW, your friend is not entirely correct. The shaft flex has little to do with counterfeiting. Anybody can take a counterfeit head and put any shaft in it they would like.

FWIW, your friend is not entirely correct. The shaft flex has little to do with counterfeiting. Anybody can take a counterfeit head and put any shaft in it they would like.

I should have provided more explanation as this was just just one of many comments he made. He has seen scores of counterfeit woods over the years and has never seen one with an X-flex. The size of the chunk missing also gave him a perfect view of the inside of the club which he said looked exactly as it should(in his visit to Callaway this summer he saw cutaway demo's of their different woods). The shaft frequency also tested out to be right where it should be. I will know soon enough if he is right.

If the seller is selling counterfeit, they sure have been fooling a lot of people on their ebay store, with 497,980 feedbacks they have a rating of 99.9%.

Back