Hopkins Black Satin Wedges Preivew

Are these going to be up on the Hopkins website on the 25th? I am just wondering when we can get an idea of what the customization is going to look like. I was hoping for seeing on the website early for ordering to be ready to ship on monday, but so far have not seen that. Just curious if anybody knows when they will make it on the website.

the website changed since the last time i was there. is there still a way to scroll through the different shafts and grip colors to see how it looks?

the website changed since the last time i was there. is there still a way to scroll through the different shafts and grip colors to see how it looks?
Instead of clicking on the "Order Wedges" link, click on "Shop" then on "CJ-1 Wedge." Your options will be on the left, with a picture of the grip/shaft/ferrule in the middle and then your wedge configurations on the right. As you update the grip, shaft, and ferrule, the image of the wedge will change. Still different than before, but you can definitely see how color combos will look.

These are up.

THP green pops against the black background. Very nice.

I will have to wait until I get home tonight to check them out. Darn antiquated browser on my work computer won't run the Hopkins website.

woohoo. a 46 and 48 option i see today

These are freaking beautiful. Murdered out black just breeds confidence.

Beautiful wedge.

White or Green?

White or Green?

image (2).jpg
image.jpg

Just got through customizing a set of wedges to pay homage to my alma mater and THP, just can't decide if I want "Hopkins Golf" in white or green. What do you think?
If I do say so myself in the words of a true southerner, "Them sure are purdy"

Next obstacle is going to be to get the boss to agree to let me spend over $500 on a set of wedges. I saw in a previous thread that there were some THP discounts offered by Hopkins, does anybody know if that is still available?

**sorry guys, could not figure out how to have the actual pictures show up in the post, anybody that know how to do that wanna give a tech newbie some advice for the future?

So I emailed Hopkins to inquire about KBS Tour Black Nickel shafts as an option and they are NOT available. Their stock OMT shaft can come in black.

Anyone familiar with their OMT shaft? They say it is similar to a DG S300. I haven't used a DG S300 wedge shaft in years - been either KBS Tour/KBS Hi-Rev (which I love) or DG Spinners (which I don't like).

Worst case I get the black OMT, game it for a while, and if I don't like it I drop another $25 for a KBS black nickel to swap it with...

So I emailed Hopkins to inquire about KBS Tour Black Nickel shafts as an option and they are NOT available. Their stock OMT shaft can come in black.

Anyone familiar with their OMT shaft? They say it is similar to a DG S300. I haven't used a DG S300 wedge shaft in years - been either KBS Tour/KBS Hi-Rev (which I love) or DG Spinners (which I don't like).

Worst case I get the black OMT, game it for a while, and if I don't like it I drop another $25 for a KBS black nickel to swap it with...

I know jlukes liked the shaft quite a bit.

I was going to go all blacked out, but decided to get the raw finish and the OTM shafts. At $250 I couldn't pass them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered mine tonight. Got the black otm shaft to try. All blacked out. Can't wait.

Btw for anyone not on their mailing list you can't get 20% off today with code cyber20

Yup. 20% off of everything, including the gift cards, which are $80 each for $100 of credit. Essentially, $64 for each $100 of Hopkins dough!! :D I gotta build me some wedges...need to add to the existing 60*!

Cool stuff guys. I'm looking forward to the in-hand pics.

Yup. 20% off of everything, including the gift cards, which are $80 each for $100 of credit. Essentially, $64 for each $100 of Hopkins dough!! :D I gotta build me some wedges...need to add to the existing 60*!

Wow, that is quite a deal. I am seriously considering taking the plunge. Will they email the gift cards and then I can turn around and immediately purchase a set of wedges? Getting 36% off is pretty tough to beat.

Wow, that is quite a deal. I am seriously considering taking the plunge. Will they email the gift cards and then I can turn around and immediately purchase a set of wedges? Getting 36% off is pretty tough to beat.

Gift cards are mailed usps. But quickly. I ordered one last week and got it yesterday.

I waited and waited for these to come out, then when they did, decided my custom colors actually looked better on the Tour Raw--so that's what I went with yesterday. The CyberMonday 20% off helped as well.

I waited and waited for these to come out, then when they did, decided my custom colors actually looked better on the Tour Raw--so that's what I went with yesterday. The CyberMonday 20% off helped as well.

I know black is popular, but I love the raw look. Mine have aged very nicely.

I know black is popular, but I love the raw look. Mine have aged very nicely.
I was never opposed to it rusting--more concerned how the customization would show as it rusted--or if it would be even worth it on the raw version. It's not hard to figure out I'd be incorporating the dark green, and seeing it not show all that well on the black finish regardless of how it's going to wear ended up selling me on the raw.

I was never opposed to it rusting--more concerned how the customization would show as it rusted--or if it would be even worth it on the raw version. It's not hard to figure out I'd be incorporating the dark green, and seeing it not show all that well on the black finish regardless of how it's going to wear ended up selling me on the raw.

I think it will still show pretty well. The finish darkens up, but not that bad for sure. Can't wait to see some pics!

I'm the opposite. I hate rust. I like them looking clean and new as long as possible. I'm thrilled that the black oxide is designed not to rust. I want a black head because I want it black. If I wanted a drab head I'd buy one of those. :)

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. I hate rust. I like them looking clean and new as long as possible. I'm thrilled that the black oxide is designed not to rust. I want a black head because I want it black. If I wanted a drap head I'd buy one of those. :)

If you wipe them down with WD40 and they will not rust at all.

Back