Champions Club at the Retreat

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
If Jeff and the other THPers playing at the Retreat tomorrow are watching.... I have arrived in So. Cal and I will make the 8 a.m. tee time.

1497680_10151913463538401_1450956203_n.jpg

I'll be wearing a gray THP golf shirt and a black USMC Retired cap.
mm

Well, the course kicked our collective butts as usual!!

What a great outing though. Fantastic meeting some new faces and solid dudes from THP!!!

Pics!! We need pics!

Wow, that looks gorgeous

KG

Just Tapping Away

You guys are in for a treat. Enjoy and definitely update us with some pics!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way to play that par 3 is to hit it left into the junk, get a nice kick out from the slope and end up a few feet from the pin. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Of course, you know... the name of this golf course could be interpreted as a hint of bad things to come: Champions Club "Retreat" -

re·treat
riˈtrēt/
verb

withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power

synonyms:withdraw, retire, draw back, pull back/out, fall back, give way, give ground, beat a retreat, beat a hasty retreat

an act of moving back or withdrawing.

The THP group did not RETREAT, but braved the odds and stuck it out to the end.

LOL Dave - a truer post does not exist. haha

I have family that lives in the area & played this course a few times in 2012. It's a great layout & totally different than anything I have played on the east coast.

I really like this course, I will hopefully make it out next time with some of you guys!!

Champions Club at the Retreat

Played this course Friday. It's ridiculous. But fun! From the time you enter and have to give the guard your Driver's License and tee time to enter, to the Par 4 surrounded by a lake to the right and million dollar homes to the left, you realize how distinct this course is. I managed to shoot a 78 and nearly passed out from the heat in doing so. This course plays a lot like Coyote Hills in Fullerton for those of you that are ready to fight the good fight! Sign up for groupgolfer.com they tend to have lots of specials for the Champions Club.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407077218.197848.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407077263.232678.jpg

Last edited:
Back