Never taken lessons, please advise!

Gulby

#SemiPro
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.9
Hey Guys,

New here, and want to start taking golf more serious! I have never had any lessons, and am looking for what ever feedback that can be given to help me improve!

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the not so great video, I will try and get a better one next time I go out!

TM I watched your swing several times and I am having trouble breaking down your swing based on the angles of the videos. Is there anyway you can post a down the line and front view. I need to see you head to toe.'

I am not a swing guru at all, but I did notice that to me, it looks like you are taking "keep your head down" too literally. Let your right shoulder move your head when it reaches your chin.

I will try and get better videos next time I go to the range.

I have been focussing on trying yo keep my head down lately. Seem to lift often and I hook/slice the ball

So went in to Golftown today for a quick lesson. here is the breakdown of my swing. This is the first lesson I have ever taken.

I also decided to test out the Callaway Xhot2, wasn't as impressed as I am with my R1, here's a quick vid of my driver swing

Last edited:
I am anxious to see Freddie's thoughts.

Thanks for posting your video. I'll say this, you are flexible. And this is causing you to way over swing. To the point of a reverse pivot. This is causing you to block the ball right as it takes to long for you swing to develop.

I'd change a few things. Being your feet closer together but maintain your knee flex. Fold the right arm into a 90* angles before the club head reaches your right hip and stop your swing once you left shoulder reaches your chin or when the club is short or parallel. You will have more them enough coil maximize your distance. But more importantly you will make consistent contact.

Back