Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Another thing we could do one of these weekends is hit Top Golf in Wood Dale. That's a fun winter thing to do. The bar also opens at 9 am (I'm not a big drinker, but just thought I'd throw that out there).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Golf is fun. Went for the first time last fall.

So the weekends I've narrowed this 'unofficial THP Event" down to are June 7, 8 or June 21, 22.

Going to be in Chicago area, Lincolnshire specifically, on business and have the potential for a round on March 17th. It will most likely be with a few colleagues but if not I will definitely repost and see if any THPers are interested. We are looking at courses in the area and it has come down to a toss up between Deerfield or Chevy Chase. Any input or suggestions for one over the other ? Much appreciated

Going to be in Chicago area, Lincolnshire specifically, on business and have the potential for a round on March 17th. It will most likely be with a few colleagues but if not I will definitely repost and see if any THPers are interested. We are looking at courses in the area and it has come down to a toss up between Deerfield or Chevy Chase. Any input or suggestions for one over the other ? Much appreciated

I work in Lincolnshire. Really depends on what is dry...courses may be under water. Chevy Chase is nice but does not have a driving range. Deerfield is decent. Highland Park Country Club and Sunset Valley are right here as well. Honestly, that early, and with the weather we've had I'd pick whatever is cheapest..... Golfnow specials. Arboretum is nice too. Again no range. Just stay away from Cranes Landing at Marriott.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I work in Lincolnshire. Really depends on what is dry...courses may be under water. Chevy Chase is nice but does not have a driving range. Deerfield is decent. Highland Park Country Club and Sunset Valley are right here as well. Honestly, that early, and with the weather we've had I'd pick whatever is cheapest..... Golfnow specials. Arboretum is nice too. Again no range. Just stay away from Cranes Landing at Marriott.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully one of the places with a range is open so we can all try and warm up before. We figure not to get our hopes up that anything will be open or ready for play yet, but are going to play it by year and just call around the Friday before.

The weather will.have to turn real quick if that's possible. However if it does I'll be in. I play chevy chase all the time and its a great track IMO. Although there is no range, they have a couple nets to hit into to warm up. I heard Arboretum is target golf but a.good track.

Keep us updated

It's a balmy 27 degrees. Anyone want to go to TopGolf tonight?

I've caught this wretched sickness going around so I'm down for the count.

I've caught this wretched sickness going around so I'm down for the count.

Bummer, dude. Feel better.

High 20s is a perfect temperature out there with the heaters and no wind.

Just go out and make a spot in the yard ..remove some snow and swing away. 20's is like a heat wave compared to what we had

It's a balmy 27 degrees. Anyone want to go to TopGolf tonight?

Wish I would of saw this. I was there during the day using the $14 all you can hit.

Also, I forgot who recommended it but I'll be at Grand Geneva in May doing the stay and play and I want to find somewhere to play that Friday (May 2nd) and someone said Hawks View. Is that the way to go if I want to play Friday? It is close to the resort and looks nice.

If anyone has the day off, or wants to take off I'll probably play around Noon-2pm at Hawks View on Friday, unless someone has another recommendation.

Wish I would of saw this. I was there during the day using the $14 all you can hit.

Also, I forgot who recommended it but I'll be at Grand Geneva in May doing the stay and play and I want to find somewhere to play that Friday (May 2nd) and someone said Hawks View. Is that the way to go if I want to play Friday? It is close to the resort and looks nice.

If anyone has the day off, or wants to take off I'll probably play around Noon-2pm at Hawks View on Friday, unless someone has another recommendation.

Hawks view is great!! I won't know my schedule until we get closer to that point though.

Hawks view is great!! I won't know my schedule until we get closer to that point though.

Well pencil it in and just let me know if you can make it! I see some elevation changes, is it walkable?

Ummm it's walkable but there are a lot of elevation changes....

I'd take a cart unless u want to be exhausted over the weekend

Cart it is. Especially with 36 holes over the weekend. I only see the par 3 on golf now, but the rates don't seem horrible.

Looks like cart is mandatory.

Early and Late (Course Opening to May 2 & October 13 to Course Closing)
RegularTwilight
(5 hours
before sunset)
Play All Day
Monday - Thursday
18 holes
with cart
9 holes
with cart
35.0035.00n/a
Friday - Sunday and Holidays
18 holes
with cart
9 holes
with cart
45.0045.00n/a
*Rates include mandatory electric cart with GPS. Wisconsin Sales tax not included.

Schedule pending, I might be able to get away for May 2nd. Should have a better grasp on schedule in early April.

Make sure to check out the "Southern Iowa Gettogether for summ 2014" thread. We may be able to carpool?

hey guys, new to thp. my wife and i are moving to the wheaton area. any suggestions on some quality practice facilities? maybe grass teas for the summer and and indoor area for the winter?

I will tell you you're going to have some GREAT facilities around you.... For the winter and even summer, White Pines has a golf dome and more which is really pretty nice. During the summer you've got Cantigny, Prairie Landing, Village Links, Highlands of Elgin and so much more within 20 mins of Wheaton. I'm not super familiar with separate practice facilities but I know with these courses you'll find plenty of places to play and practice.

hey guys, new to thp. my wife and i are moving to the wheaton area. any suggestions on some quality practice facilities? maybe grass teas for the summer and and indoor area for the winter?

I'm right down the road from Wheaton. There are plenty of facilities in that area. Best facility IMO is St. Andrews. Plenty of boxes, targets every where and an awesome short game area. That's in West Chicago right off of Rt 59 and North Ave. Indoors, there's a place in Downer's Grove called Bogies Indoor Golf. 7 simulators and alcohol. That one closes up around April but the Oswego facility is open year round. You can also take a trip down 355 and go to Cog Hill. They have heated hitting bays.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

For winter practice, Cantigny is awesome. Heated bays, really good mats, pay by time spent, and a large undulated putting green. You do want to call and book a time, and 25degrees is about the breaking point for me personally. Balls can be hard to follow off of lower lofted clubs due to snow cover. Welcome to the western suburbs! There is plenty of good golf, like others have mentioned.

I'm right down the road from Wheaton. There are plenty of facilities in that area. Best facility IMO is St. Andrews. Plenty of boxes, targets every where and an awesome short game area. That's in West Chicago right off of Rt 59 and North Ave. Indoors, there's a place in Downer's Grove called Bogies Indoor Golf. 7 simulators and alcohol. That one closes up around April but the Oswego facility is open year round. You can also take a trip down 355 and go to Cog Hill. They have heated hitting bays.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

I played at the Oswego Bogies today, good fun!

Good luck snow won't be gone by then

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So I'm already thinking about a THP weekend gathering during the end of April (19-20)(25-26) or June (14-15), (21-22). Playing a combo of Shepherd's Crook(http://www.shepherdscrook.org/) Thunderhawk (http://www.thunderhawkgolfclub.org/) or Blackstone(http://www.blackstonegc.com/) Marengo Ridge(http://www.marengoridgegolfclub.com/).

I'd make it an event out there for everyone on THP to come along. 36 holes on Saturday and 18 on Sunday. Just wanted to see what the local people's thoughts are since I'd hope a lot of you could make it as well.

Hello All- I'm fairly new to THP, but have been following this thread for a little while now. I would definitely be interested in getting together with some other guys to play if available for the weekends mentioned. ("Boss" willing...) So far, I would agree with what most have said. Blackstone is one of the best courses in Northern Illinois--just need the Golfnow value. Marengo Ridge is the value pick. The Highlands in Elgin is fast becoming one of my favorite courses. Should definitely consider it for a weekend outing. A couple others that aren't too far out of the general vicinity that would fit the bill would include Foxford Hills in Cary or any of the courses in Geneva (Settler's Hill, Tanna Farms, Mill Creek).

I look forward to attempting to keep up here! Hopefully will get the opportunity to play with you all soon!

Back