Weakest part of your game?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What part of the game do you struggle with the most? Off the tee? Putting? iron play? There are so many areas, which one gives you the most difficulty?

Probably my short game.
Consistent ball striking (avoiding the occassional fat shots) is a close second.

• Admin
Craig,
I would have said the #17 at Westchase....hehe

• Admin
Fair enough. I do it on that hole rather frequently.

I'd say my weakest points are my driving and my short game. Anything from just off the green to about 50 yards is hit or miss on how good my shot is going to be.

The second shot; I'm lousy with fairway metals. Hence all they hybrids.

The answer I'm tempted to give is, "whenever I pick up a golf club."

I have a few 3-inch chips and a few that go over the green every round it seems. Which is odd because I can leave them close or chip them in too. My sand play could also be better.

The answer I'm tempted to give is, "whenever I pick up a golf club."

In the same line of thought. A better answer for me might be "as soon as I step on the course."

It changes everytime I go out unfortunately.

This would be me also. One time out drives are good and short game is bad, next time putting might be good and drives are bad. I guess that is why we keep going back, to get that one day when everything is "on".

For me at my current index it's difficult to pick one part that's the weakest. Physically I would have to say driving as I have moments of wild inconsistency but in general I say my weakest area is between the ears. One bad shot always seems to lead to another one. I'm working on being less emotional on the course and not let it bother me.

lately my short game hasn't been to great. its pretty shabby and im not hitting bad shots, it just seems like my precision and conistency is in the toilet. my puttings not so great either. these are just things that the lack of practice due to weather is hurting

When playing well (relative) my weakest part is my putting. Its not that I three putt often (there is the odd one), just that no matter how close I may hit it, I can't hole out.

Currently tough, the weak spot has been middle irons.

Definitely my wedge game, can't tell you how many times I have had 2-3 shots to get out of sand bunkers. 2-3 chips to get on the green from 3-4' away, etc. It runs hot & cold, certain days I can't miss & am dropping the ball next to the pin anywhere from 30 yards out down to 3' from the green.

Other days I want to take every damn wedge & pitch them into the nearest pond.

Driving is the weakest part of my game. Im pretty decent with my short irons, wedges and putter; but I struggle with my driver.
Im working on getting better, but Ive got a looooooong ways to go.

It's always been my putting. My stroke is fine, I have no problem hitting consistantly straight putts. But I am terrible at reading a green and have to hope that I can lag close and make the second putt.

My worst point is that i am consistantly inconsistant.

One day, everything fires fine (got an 80 (+9) today). Next day i will shoot a 96.

Thing is, every day it will be something different. One day the driving and long game is fine and short game sucks....next its the other way round. Still, only 9 months since i started playing. I'm sure it will start to come.

Putting for sure. I think I add 10 strokes to most rounds because of putting. It's amazing I break 90.

I would have to say #1 is my up & down percentages. At the end of 2008 season my percentage was 60%. Am striving to up the conversion to 80+%. #2 would be putting, my average putts per round are 30.2, but would like to lower that average to 26-28 putts per round.

CG:
Improving your up and downs by 1/3 should go a long way to lowering your total putts. More important, what is your average putts per GIR? That is a more telling stat.

Putting, its what keeps me from being a scratch golfer for the most part. But I'm practicing like crazy and it is definitely improving.

Putting, its what keeps me from being a scratch golfer for the most part. But I'm practicing like crazy and it is definitely improving.

me and you both. if my putting was decent i would shoot under par way more

Back