Swing Caddie
Page 1 of 1367 123456711511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20505

Thread: The Official Rant of the Day

  1. #1
    CEO
    GolferGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    31,258
    Member
    7
    Handicap
    Golf
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,501
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,746
    Thanked in
    7,109 Posts

    The Official Rant of the Day

    The last thread was getting too big so I have closed it down and started this one. You can reference back to the old rant thread here https://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...ant-of-the-Day

  2. #2
    HATERS GONNA HATE



    mikedean441's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maineville, OH
    Posts
    111,697
    Member
    5150
    Handicap
    14.9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20,434
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56,634
    Thanked in
    25,827 Posts
    congrats??
    THE ULTIMATE UNOFFICIAL GATHERING IS BACK FOR 2019!!!

    Check out the Official ULTIMATE GATHERING Thread located in the Golf Courses, Course Reviews, THP Events & Local Outings Section!!!



    WITB:

    Driver:
    G400 SFT 10*
    Woods: G400 5W, Rogue Heavenwood
    Hybrids: N/A

    Irons:
    I200 4-PW
    Wedges: RTX4 50/54/58
    Putter: Custom
    Ball:
    Q-Star Tour

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikedean441 For This Useful Post:

    kb1042 (12-02-2015), Smallville (12-02-2015)

  4. #3
    Major Champion

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Appleton,WI
    Posts
    10,539
    Member
    20392
    Handicap
    17.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,017
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,860
    Thanked in
    2,584 Posts
    Yea that's a lot of ranting. Ha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Member of Wool Warriors at Kentwool Classic
    Member of Team Cobra at #ThpAmbition

  5. #4
    Major Champion T2GRN18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,166
    Member
    12415
    Handicap
    2.1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,706
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21,371
    Thanked in
    9,081 Posts
    15k is that the normal cut off? Or is based on size of file or what ever?
    917 D3 9.5 Speeder 64
    917F3 15* Oban Devotion
    718 T-MB Project X Rifle 6.0
    718 AP3 Nippon Modus3 125S
    718 AP2 Nippon Modus3 125S
    SM6 46F/50F/54M/58
    Futura 6M
    PROV1 X
    Tour X


    If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? John Wooden

  6. #5
    CEO
    GolferGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    31,258
    Member
    7
    Handicap
    Golf
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,501
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,746
    Thanked in
    7,109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T2GRN18 View Post
    15k is that the normal cut off? Or is based on size of file or what ever?
    I usually go by pages. Anything over 1000 pages I will normally start a new thread.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GolferGal For This Useful Post:

    Spivey (12-02-2015), sudseh (12-02-2015), T2GRN18 (12-02-2015), tbanks5 (12-02-2015)

  8. #6
    Major Champion

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Appleton,WI
    Posts
    10,539
    Member
    20392
    Handicap
    17.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,017
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,860
    Thanked in
    2,584 Posts
    So here's my rant for today. In our department there are 3 people. 2 compliance officers and an operations person. We'll be letting go our 2nd person in 2 years because she can't get the necessary licensing completed. She's had 2 years to study for this exam and started last week. She gets 40s on her practice scores and needs 70 to pass. When she's let go I get to do all the operations stuff until we hire a replacement. Oh and the boss goes on maternity leave end of April so said new person has to be 100% autonomous or I'm going to have a mental breakdown doing 3 peoples jobs at once. When you have a requirement for a job why wouldn't you take that serious?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Member of Wool Warriors at Kentwool Classic
    Member of Team Cobra at #ThpAmbition

  9. #7
    Major Champion CAA_Beat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    17,967
    Member
    18549
    Handicap
    17.7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27,139
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13,172
    Thanked in
    7,188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girardcorp View Post
    So here's my rant for today. In our department there are 3 people. 2 compliance officers and an operations person. We'll be letting go our 2nd person in 2 years because she can't get the necessary licensing completed. She's had 2 years to study for this exam and started last week. She gets 40s on her practice scores and needs 70 to pass. When she's let go I get to do all the operations stuff until we hire a replacement. Oh and the boss goes on maternity leave end of April so said new person has to be 100% autonomous or I'm going to have a mental breakdown doing 3 peoples jobs at once. When you have a requirement for a job why wouldn't you take that serious?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's mind boggling that someone thinks they can get by for two years without doing required training or certification until the last minute. In my last company we had annual ethics, sexual harassment and cc security training that needed to be done. We were given usually 90 days from the time it went live. Amazing how many people waited until the last day to try and get all three in. while it didn't necessarily cost them their jobs if they didn't (the first time) it made their boss look bad on the compliance reports.

    Sorry for your extra work load.




    Driver: 917 D3, Diamana Red S+ 50g S
    FW 9017 F2 15 degree and 18 degree Diamana S+ 60g
    Hybrids: 816 H1 (i
    Irons: AP1 4-7 Iron and AP2 7-P with DG AMT Red shaft
    Wedges Vokey SM6 50, 54 and 58 degree
    Putter: X7m


  10. #8
    Major Champion

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Appleton,WI
    Posts
    10,539
    Member
    20392
    Handicap
    17.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,017
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,860
    Thanked in
    2,584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAA_Beat View Post
    That's mind boggling that someone thinks they can get by for two years without doing required training or certification until the last minute. In my last company we had annual ethics, sexual harassment and cc security training that needed to be done. We were given usually 90 days from the time it went live. Amazing how many people waited until the last day to try and get all three in. while it didn't necessarily cost them their jobs if they didn't (the first time) it made their boss look bad on the compliance reports.

    Sorry for your extra work load.
    I've spent the last 2 weeks helping her understand concepts she should've had down about 18 months ago. Pretty sure the next one will have to come in with licensing already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Member of Wool Warriors at Kentwool Classic
    Member of Team Cobra at #ThpAmbition

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Girardcorp For This Useful Post:

    sudseh (12-02-2015)

  12. #9
    #journey2017 emart2173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North of my desired location
    Posts
    32,095
    Member
    23838
    Handicap
    10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28,777
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16,513
    Thanked in
    10,609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girardcorp View Post
    So here's my rant for today. In our department there are 3 people. 2 compliance officers and an operations person. We'll be letting go our 2nd person in 2 years because she can't get the necessary licensing completed. She's had 2 years to study for this exam and started last week. She gets 40s on her practice scores and needs 70 to pass. When she's let go I get to do all the operations stuff until we hire a replacement. Oh and the boss goes on maternity leave end of April so said new person has to be 100% autonomous or I'm going to have a mental breakdown doing 3 peoples jobs at once. When you have a requirement for a job why wouldn't you take that serious?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see it all the time. Crazy how people slack and expect to get things done in time.
    "It is what it is"

    "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to emart2173 For This Useful Post:

    Maddog701 (12-02-2015)

  14. #10
    Major Champion Spivey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    8,767
    Member
    22783
    Handicap
    7.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,975
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6,251
    Thanked in
    3,292 Posts
    This really has no right to be in the rant thread - I apologize ahead of time.

    Frost delay has my tee time moved back 2 hours. I was hoping to catch a yoga class at 1:00 pm, but I won't be done my round by then. Initial tee time was 8:15.

    Spoiler
    GBB 9* ( LZ 6.0)
    Bertha Mini 1.5 12*
    I25 3h (19*), I25 4-PW, KBS 120 Stiff shafts.
    Tour Gorge 50*
    56*
    62*
    Rx2

  15. #11
    Major Champion NoLine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,162
    Member
    1349
    Handicap
    28.7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9,683
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,455
    Thanked in
    2,496 Posts
    Turn signals - Texas drivers they are not optional equipment, please stop being d-bags and use them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to NoLine For This Useful Post:

    afwcardinal (12-02-2015)

  17. #12
    My Friends Call Me Big Time Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    38,370
    Member
    4562
    Handicap
    2.4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12,371
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29,319
    Thanked in
    11,615 Posts
    In on page 1!

  18. #13
    Major Champion rtparty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,452
    Member
    10495
    Handicap
    High
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,634
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,089
    Thanked in
    1,327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLine View Post
    Turn signals - Texas drivers they are not optional equipment, please stop being d-bags and use them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe their blinker fluid ran out? Hehehe

    Utah drivers are no better. If you happen to be one of the drivers that does use them, you have time it perfectly. Put blinker on and move immediately. If the other drivers see your intention to move, they speed up to cut you off. I thought I was semi crazy until they had a write up about it in the paper a few years back.
    In my Silencer Cart bag:
    10.5*Big Bertha Alpha ( LZ HC)
    X2Hot 3 Deep ( Tour Green)
    V Series Heavenwood
    Apex Pro 4-P ( $-Taper shafts)
    51*, 56*
    MD3 Milled 60*
    Anser 2 Milled (36" with Flatso)

  19. #14
    Major Champion NoLine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,162
    Member
    1349
    Handicap
    28.7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9,683
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,455
    Thanked in
    2,496 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
    Maybe their blinker fluid ran out? Hehehe

    Utah drivers are no better. If you happen to be one of the drivers that does use them, you have time it perfectly. Put blinker on and move immediately. If the other drivers see your intention to move, they speed up to cut you off. I thought I was semi crazy until they had a write up about it in the paper a few years back.
    I struggle with whether it's ignorance of traffic laws, laziness or disrespect. If pressed I'd say disrespect because people in general suck. I really like dogs however.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoLine For This Useful Post:

    DufferToo (12-03-2015), moosejaa (11-28-2016)

  21. #15
    Formerly Carlos C. Alez367's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    16,973
    Member
    21780
    Handicap
    5.5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26,016
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15,257
    Thanked in
    7,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    In on page 1!
    Leave it to Big Time to bring a smile on the Rant thread.

    My rant is simple. ITS FREAKING COLD! What the heck is this? Why?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Testing Project X Catalyst 100g 6.0 shafts - Thank you THP/PX Crew


    Proud Supporter & Captain of Team So. Cal. in the 2017 THP Regional Rivalry - So. Cal vs Nor. Cal.


    Participant 2016
    Championship - TPC Las Vegas!
    Proud Winner of the custom testor shaft used for 2017 THCE w/ Project X
    Proud to be part of 2018 HandCrafted Experience with





  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Alez367 For This Useful Post:

    Nate (12-02-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •