Weekend of Feb 21-22

So that wasn't you out there first thing this morning cutting down the tree in my neighbors yard, no wonder they looked at me funny when I yelled, "Hey Gummi! Trying to sleep here!"
Good thing you arent my neibor. All of my saws have gutted mufflers, so they all sound like motocross bikes with race pipes on them. :D
You could yell at me all you want, Im not going to hear you. :cool:

Good thing you arent my neibor. All of my saws have gutted mufflers, so they all sound like motocross bikes with race pipes on them. :D
You could yell at me all you want, Im not going to hear you. :cool:

Hopefully you wouldn't be out there at 8 in the morning outside your neighbors bedroom window, and I mean 6 feet away from the window. I didn't say anything as it only lasted a few minutes, but it was a rather rude awakening.

Like Bake i'm waiting for the snow to stop so I can go out & snowblow the sidewalk & driveway. Completely pointless to attempt it right now since it's coming down almost as fast as I can remove it.

You should be up by 8:00 am anyways...

Like Bake i'm waiting for the snow to stop so I can go out & snowblow the sidewalk & driveway. Completely pointless to attempt it right now since it's coming down almost as fast as I can remove it.

Yeah, they said its supposed to quit by 2:00pm, but then again they said it was going to start by 10:00pm last night and they screw that forecast up (I went to bed at 1:00am and it hadnt started snowing yet).
It seemed like it had quit snowing here at around 11:00am this morning, but then it started snowing like crazy again.
Snowblowing is going to suck today, light fluffy snow and wind is not fun because it goes all over, instead of where you want it to.
At least now I will be able to tear it up a bit on the snowmobile tomorrow. :clapp:
Im thinking that winter is winding down and my days on the sled are numbered, so I gotta make the most of what we have left.

For the most part the snow is over for now. I got out & cleaned it all up & I would say the total was somewhere around 4".

I tried to head into Madison earlier for the golf show but the roads under the snow cover were horrible. Even with AWD I was sliding around way too much, so i gave up after 7 miles or so & came home.

Well, had a good day at the range. Spent about 45 minutes on the putting green getting used to the new putter. Met one of the 2 resident alligators that live in the ponds at Duran's practice facility.

Only one bad side. I played nine holes on the little pitch'n'putt par 3 at the practice facility (797 yds total) and when picking up the new TaylorMade bag after teeing off at the first hole, one of the plastic connecting rings on the shoulder straps broke so I was left with just the trunk handle to carry it with for the rest of the round. :beat-up:

Osahar. I am forwarding your post to TM. That should not happen and I am sure that they will rectify the situation. I tried one out for a week or so and had no such issues.

Yeah, I'm guessing it was just an unlucky piece of plastic that had a flaw. It worked fine most of the morning, walking back and forth to the chipping green, driving range, and through the tunnel to the main course for the putting green. Very light, easy to carry and was loving it.

Then I pick it up an as I'm putting my arm in the loop the whole bag just dropped and I was left holding a shoulder strap lol. All I'll need to fix it is the shoulder strap assembly, the portion that's permanently attached to the bag is fine.

I forwarded your post to them. I am sure we will have a response soon Osahar.

just back from Belmont, a tad on the chilly side! only golf course that let's us play with no delays, frost and all. was fine after 1/2 dozen holes, and we were home by lunchtime.

bel1.jpg

bel2.jpg

13th1.jpg

Only one bad side. I played nine holes on the little pitch'n'putt par 3 at the practice facility (797 yds total) and when picking up the new TaylorMade bag after teeing off at the first hole, one of the plastic connecting rings on the shoulder straps broke so I was left with just the trunk handle to carry it with for the rest of the round. :beat-up:

Plastic connecting rings? My TM bag has metal ones, I would be a bit leery of utilizing plastic to hold a shoulder strap harness on.

getting hammered- drunk tonight... should be fun

Probably a good idea. Wind can make felling trees kind of trick because a gust of wind can make a tree fall in a direction that you might not expect, not to mention you dont want to be up in the bucket of a boom truck trimming branches in winds like that.
My parents, my brother and I all heat out homes almost exclusively with wood heat, so we spend a lot of time cutting firewood.
Ive got 3 saws: a Stihl 021, an Echo CS-520 and for the really big stuff Ive got an Echo CS-8000 (its an 80cc chainsaw with a 4' bar). I bought it for way cheap on Ebay, other than that I wouldnt have bought it. Those things are over $800 new and I dont exactly need a saw that big, but its nice to have around just incase.
The rest of the family has all Stihls, mostly Stihl 026s, MS 290s and 031s.
I love it when people start talking about their, "big" saws and they referr to saws that are 50-60cc and then I comment to them that I have an Echo thats 80cc. :cool:

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time with a saw in my hand too. I've retired (got frustrated with) my old Stihl 011, and now run an Echo CS-360T and it's 10 times the saw the Stihl ever was. I'm sold on it. All the rest of my lawn equipment is Echo as well (line trimmer, blower; I have an edger and hedge trimmer on the wish list)

Ugh--six loads of laundry, grocery shopping, and the usual return-from-vacation nonsense today. Tomorrow is worse; The Kid and his best friend are celebrating his birthday by doing some Magic Quest thing at the local over-the-top game arcade. I get to hang out there.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time with a saw in my hand too. I've retired (got frustrated with) my old Stihl 011, and now run an Echo CS-360T and it's 10 times the saw the Stihl ever was. I'm sold on it. All the rest of my lawn equipment is Echo as well (line trimmer, blower; I have an edger and hedge trimmer on the wish list)
Im a real believer in Echo too. You guys know how much I love Japanese stuff, so its only natural Id be all about the Japanese power equipment.
We've had Echo trimmers for years, last year I bought an Echo ES-210 handheld leafblower/leaf mulcher and those 2 Echo saws.
This year Im looking to replace my Honda trimmer/weedwacker with an Echo as well. The Honda's engine is a work of art, but thing is so darned heavy.

For the most part the snow is over for now. I got out & cleaned it all up & I would say the total was somewhere around 4".

I tried to head into Madison earlier for the golf show but the roads under the snow cover were horrible. Even with AWD I was sliding around way too much, so i gave up after 7 miles or so & came home.
Id say we got about 4" here too. It was light, fluffy snow though, so no big deal.
I made a few bucks snowblowing the neibors driveway, so that was cool. They were up from Illinois this weekend and they couldnt get in their driveway with their front-drive car, so I snowblowed their driveway (not expecting any kind of pay or compensation for it) and when I got done they offered me a few bucks for it, which I told them wasnt neccesary but didnt turn it down.
Then, shortly after I got back in the house and took my snowsuit off, I noticed my other neibor (who is 80 years old) was shoveling his driveway, so I put my gear back on and cleared his driveway too. He said he would pay me back for it later and I can only imagine how far overboard he is going to go to repay me for it.
Ive got good neibors though and I dont mind going out of my way to help them out when I can.
The houses on either side of me belong to people from Illinois who dont come up very often, so I mow their yards for them. I enjoy mowing and doing yard work and they send me a check every X-Mas for $100 or more, so its cool.

It was too chilly for the range and I didn't even start on the garage. I did get some computer maintenance down though.

Back