Votes: 23 15.4%
  • Par 4s

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • Par 5s

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Equally awful across the board

Votes: 31 20.8%

• Total voters
Par 5's for me. Direction off the tee has been poor so my length is helping me get to par 5's in regulation compared to scrambling for pars on 3s and 4s

Usually par 5s since I got it a decent way and usually always have a GIR, but sometimes it just depends on the day.

Right now par 3s, I am just more comfortable with an iron in hand than a Driver or FW wood.

Par 4's. There are lot's more of them than the other two so by percentages I vote for par 4s!

I can't say for sure because I don't keep stats, but I'd guess Par 5s.

Par 5's have been good lately, I can't generally get there in two, but leave a comfortable wedge distance in and make the birdie putt.

I haven't kept data for about a year, but I would imagine its still about the same.

Most of these rounds are at my home course where the par 5's are not easy and none are reachable in 2. The par 3's are relatively easy. 130, 201, 149 and 145. So 3 of those are PW to 8i depending on the wind.

I would say par 5's. I don't usually have a chance at it in 2 but I can get close enough that it's a decent chip/pitch.

My stats for the last 20 rounds show that my average scores are as follows:
3.6 on par 3s
4.9 on par 4s
5.5 on par 5s

So I voted par 5 in the poll. But I'd probably say that par 3s and par 5s are about equal in my book.

If I bogey a par 5, I feel like I gave two back. I have enough distance to at least be putting or chipping for birdie on every par 5.

par 4s. if i'm playing the right tees, it's usually driver then short iron or wedge, so pretty reasonable to make par.

for some reason i try to get too cute or aggressive on par 3s and miss a lot of greens, particularly compared to shots into par 4s of similar distance.

i am terrible on par 5s. i bogeyed both of them today, one time from position freaking a, and the other because i was in jail off the tee. for some reason i just brain fart on par 5s.

Should be par 5's but for some reason I just dont score well on them which makes absolutely zero sense. I put par 4's.

Par 5s for sure

Par 5's tend to be my best simply because even with a bad drive there's room to recover

Par 3's are my best shot at a par. Then 4's, then 5's. I'm short off the tee, and have an inconsistent fairway wood/iron game.

Looking at the rounds I have own for this year I score best on par 5's and worst on Par 3's.

Par 5's. More room for error if one of the shots is not optimal. Still time to recover and at least par the hole.

Probably Par 5s. I am pretty long off the tee (280 or more here in Colorado) so I can either drive in two or get pretty close for the approach shot. Not that I get a done of birdies, but I can usually par them unless the wheels fall totally off.

Par 5's for sure...
Scoring averages for my last 70 rounds.

Par 3 - 3.45
Par 4 - 4.25
Par 5 - 4.9

So if I go out and hit all my averages across the board I shoot 76.

Scoring averages for my last 5 rounds: 88 .. not good.

Golf is not a game of averages.. It is a game of 270 yard drives & 1" putts being equal.
She is a fickle mistress....

I voted "Equally awful across the board".

Sadly, it just depends on the day. My last outing, a #THPCallOut Win versus Alex (Hey Sunshine :act-up:) I was even on all the Par 5s (Par, Bogey, Par, Birdie) and all over six over on the Par 3s (Bogey, Par, Triple, Bogey). The Par 4s were bogey average.

I guess that's why we all have "real" jobs.

Par 5s with Par 3s close behind. Par 4s Scoring trails the other 2 by a wide margin.

I would have guessed par 5s, but golf shot says I'm best on par 3s. Although they are pretty close so I guess I'm equally awful.

Par 5's for me. I'd guess it's mainly because of distance. I can usually get around the green or on the green in 2 on most of the par 5's I play.

I do best on par 3s (3.65). I'm comfortable hitting anything I need, including driver, into a par 3. Par 5s are second (5.84). But it's extremely rare for me to be in position to reach a par 5 in two and they aren't all wedges either. Today I played one of my best rounds in a long time (78 +8). Still, despite hitting a fairly decent drive and 16.5H beforehand, I had a full 3 wood left to try to reach the par 5 second green for my 3rd shot. I only average 5.04 on par 4s, yuck.

Back