Duo or super soft

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the duo lately and got to enjoy their feel a lot. However, I just saw a deal on the Callaway supersoft. It is my understanding that these two balls are targeted towards the same players, but how are they different?
Have you guys tried them, which one is your favorite?

I haven't played the supersofts, but I really like the duos

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've played primarily SuperSofts, Duos and Soft Feels over the past ~ 18 months. I think they all play about the same. I own a monitor and have tested them out and think that they all put up similar numbers (off the driver and then wedge spin). Pick the one that is on sale or that catches your eye the most (i.e. if you like the hue of yellow on one).

I've played primarily SuperSofts, Duos and Soft Feels over the past ~ 18 months. I think they all play about the same. I own a monitor and have tested them out and think that they all put up similar numbers (off the driver and then wedge spin). Pick the one that is on sale or that catches your eye the most (i.e. if you like the hue of yellow on one).

Agreed on this. I've played them all too during the cold months and there is little to separate the three. I perhaps got a little more distance off the tee with the DUO, but showed wear a little quicker than the other two and didn't hold my markings as well. You can usually find a little better deals on the DUO, and Soft Feel, but at retail, they're all good values.

Well if you do like them both this could possibly sway your decision. Dicks has a flash sale going on now online only til 10 pm ET, white and yellow duos prior generation for $10 a dozen. Also free shipping over $25.

I started playing "softball" with the Duo and have stayed with it. I dislike nothing about it.

The SS is the longest ball I have played (for my swing). The duo is very close.

My wife played the Duo until she ran out and she's now working on loosing the Supersofts :) My observation from watching her play them is that the balls are similar but she seemed to compress the Duo better.

I love the orage E6, but i think I'll buy the pink supersofts that are on sale

Well if you do like them both this could possibly sway your decision. Dicks has a flash sale going on now online only til 10 pm ET, white and yellow duos prior generation for $10 a dozen. Also free shipping over $25.

sadly, no DSG here in Canada

Duo is legit - Hopkins VL pro has a pretty good deal now too

Of the two, I prefer the Supersofts, but it is pretty close. Both are great value balls, and perform pretty close to the same in my opinion.

Found a Super Soft at a water hazard on the 9th hole the other day. Gave it a try and it and it messed up my score for that hole. Went back to using my Srxion Soft Feels in yellow on the next hole.

I think it just boils down to what brand you want to support.

I'm a W/S homer, so it's the Duo or DouU for me. The only time I really prefer the DouU over the Dou is when then greens are hard. Otherwise, the Dou meets every needs I have.

I think it just boils down to what brand you want to support.

I'm a W/S homer, so it's the Duo or DouU for me. The only time I really prefer the DouU over the Dou is when then greens are hard. Otherwise, the Dou meets every needs I have.
I've typically gone with the Duo because I'm a W/S homer ... also IIRC, the SuperSoft is $2 a dozen more, for a ball in the same exact target demographic.

I tried both and love the supersofts. Its my favorite ball by far.

Martin the supersoft is a solid ball in all categories . You will not be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really really like both. I honestly do not know if I could say I prefer one or the other.

I think they both feel great, have minimal stopping power and are both very durable.

I have been playing the duo lately and got to enjoy their feel a lot. However, I just saw a deal on the Callaway supersoft. It is my understanding that these two balls are targeted towards the same players, but how are they different?
Have you guys tried them, which one is your favorite?

I never played W/S duos until StaffProto last year and wow I love the Duos and DuoU. Haven't looked back since. The feel, distance and control around the greens is fantastic.

I'll take the Duo 8 days a week over the Supersoft. Both feel good off of all the clubs, the Supersoft feels like a marshmallow off the driver.

But the biggest difference for me is hitting approach shots into greens. Neither should be expected to have a lot of bite, but the Supersoft for me just bounced right off of greens repeatedly. Like from 150 in I'd watch the ball hit the green or close to it, bounce about 10 feet in the air, and go bouncing away. I've never seen that out of the Duo.

I'll take the Duo 8 days a week over the Supersoft. Both feel good off of all the clubs, the Supersoft feels like a marshmallow off the driver.

But the biggest difference for me is hitting approach shots into greens. Neither should be expected to have a lot of bite, but the Supersoft for me just bounced right off of greens repeatedly. Like from 150 in I'd watch the ball hit the green or close to it, bounce about 10 feet in the air, and go bouncing away. I've never seen that out of the Duo.
Wow that doesn't sound good. I have to admit that the duo surprised me around the greens, I was hoping to see pretty much the same thing from the super soft

Wow that doesn't sound good. I have to admit that the duo surprised me around the greens, I was hoping to see pretty much the same thing from the super soft

I'll be the first to admit that my experiences with the Supersoft came late in the season when greens were drier and a bit harder, so that may have had something to do with it. But I remember one round in particular where the ball kept bouncing around, I switched to an e6 for the rest of the round, and the ball reacted the way I would've expected on approach shots from there on out.

Same thing I have found, price would be the deciding factor for me.

When I first switched to the Supersoft, I felt like they released a lot more than the balls I was previously playing. I struggled for a number of rounds hitting balls over the back of greens as a result. It was also during the summer though, so the greens were harder and cut closer. That along with some slightly increased distance may have been the cause.

Now I just play front/middle numbers and everything is fine. At the courses I play, there's typically less trouble in front than over the back. Often there are bunkers or things in front, but that's still typically better than going over the back and running off to big trouble like OB.

I still do occasionally hit a real "flier" with the Supersoft. It kind of comes out of nowhere, when I've had really good contact on just the right spot on the face. It's not an issue though playing the front numbers.

I use the exact same strategy for Duos or for Soft Feels. Again, I don't personally feel they play any differently from the Supersoft.

I have played the Supersoft a ton and I have never seen this. Granted, it does not spin back like a ProV, but I have never had it bounce 10 feet in the air and bounce away.

I have played the Supersoft a ton and I have never seen this. Granted, it does not spin back like a ProV, but I have never had it bounce 10 feet in the air and bounce away.

It happened a bunch to me and I ended up moving away from it as a result.

Now that being said - time of year and my swing may have both had an impact. I'm pretty sure I have a few in my found balls pocket, maybe tomorrow I should play them instead of the Project A to see what happens.

Back