Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid Preview

Seriously intrigued by these. JB where these the hybrids you were raving about a couple of weeks ago?

I've got an "open" spot in the bag for a 19 Deg. Hybrid. I'll be giving these a look! :D

These look pretty good to me. This is a really nice shape. I love my apex but definitely will check these out.

Size/shape wise, these look like like they would be right up my alley.

The sole design looks pretty clean, and that hyrbid cover.... yes please!

They look nice. Are they selling these as a combo set, or is it a new line for Callaway with irons, hybrids, fairways etc. like the X2hot was?

The hybrids really look great IMO. Will be interested to hit them and see how they fare. As many have said they do remind me of the X2Hot. Will be waiting for these.

Last edited:
This hybo has my attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look really good! The irons I'm not necessarily interested in, but I'll have to try the hybrids out.

Looking forward to hitting these and glad to hear the early positive reviews. Don't love the markings on the crown, but I can get over that quickly with the performance, just like the XR driver.

I love my XR hybrid and I have a feeling that everything I love about it can be found in these. I'm intrigued

I'll likely be adding these to the bag to replace the well worn XR's but man do I really dislike the grey they added to the top of the crown; it's extremely distracting in the pictures. I'd almost be tempted to spray the crowns flat black after I get them.

So I am really thinking about the 3 and 4 hybrid in these. Like the shape and the potential of some forgiveness. The only question I see is which shaft to do. Do you guys have some insight on the Matrix vs Fubuki vs not sure which recoil?? Personal experience with them? Which would feel heavier / more "iron-like"?

I really like the looks of that head. To my eye it looks a bit bigger than the X2Hot which I hit well when I set up correctly :) I'm a fan of fairway woods, so the bigger and more forgiving the head, the better for me.

Love the look of the sole and the head covers look great as well.

I still play and love my X2Hots...these look terrific and I can't wait to try them out

Ditto! Love my X2 hot hybrids. These look fantastic to me!

I have a feeling Mward will have some thoughts on this one coming soon. He hit the crap out of it on the range today and then a few times on the course too.
Also saw me take it from 217 out of the wet rough to pin high on a par 5.

I have a feeling Mward will have some thoughts on this one coming soon. He hit the crap out of it on the range today and then a few times on the course too.
Also saw me take it from 217 out of the wet rough to pin high on a par 5.

Can't wait to hear more about it.

Up feeding the baby and just saw this on the EU Cally Twitter feed. Very interested to see the woods in this line, when I hear steelhead I immediately think of great fairway woods.

You and me both brother! If and when they bring back the Steelhead 3 wood, it WILL be in my bag, I can almost guarantee it!

Holy crap I need to hit this

Are these available to demo at dealers?

Are these available to demo at dealers?

Our club got them in today. Going to bag the 4H on Friday and take the Steelhead 7 iron out for course play.

Looks pretty good. Ill definitely be looking to try these eventually

Our club got them in today. Going to bag the 4H on Friday and take the Steelhead 7 iron out for course play.

Where are you located? Would love to hear your impressions on the 4h and which shaft you're going to go with!

Where are you located? Would love to hear your impressions on the 4h and which shaft you're going to go with!

Suburban Dallas. The 4h as the Matrix shaft in it from what the shop told me. Will post up some thoughts on Friday

Back