JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are so much wiser than me when it comes to computers so I always look for advice here. I have been using Outlook forever! I have no issues with Outlook whatsoever. In fact I like it a lot especially with syncing with my Crackberry. However I do not like Windows Mail and Outlook Express, that come with most systems.

But with using multiple pc's now I am looking for a Client that I can have running on both computers. Outlook would work fine, however, I really do not want to pay for it again. I also am not as a big a fan of web based mail clients. I have no idea why, other than I am a creature of habit.

So do you guys recommend any others? They need to incorporate contacts and calendar into the mail client rather than in a different place. And hopefully work with a Crackberry.

Thanks in advance.

• Admin
I am this close to just buying another copy of Outlook. I really dont want to, but searching is getting me no where.

I just use outlook express, however I do have my dislikes about it. Mostly because I have about 8 email addresses between work, personal, internet provider, and a few websites I am involved with. My main problem is that it puts all of my non-hotmail accounts together as "local folders" so 6 of the accounts all lump together in the inbox and each hotmail account has it's own seperate inbox.

• Admin
Outlook Express does not have the options I need unfortunately.

I hear ya, I think I have outgrown it too. Isn't MS Outlook bundled with MS Office? Or is it sold as a stand alone??

• Admin
You can purchase it as a standalone, but it still is around $80 I think.

I have never paid for a Microsoft Office product... and I always have the most recent of the entire suite from Access to One Note installed.

Shhhhhh... dont tell anyone.

• Admin
I will trade you for a skyline meal....lol

Are you trying to install outlook on multiple pc's and network/share the .pst file?

Separate software for each pc is what I would like.

What about Thunderbird from Mozilla (or the whole office suite from Mozilla)? Does it have the features you need?

It does Harry, but I dont think you can sync it with Blackberry.

Can your blackberry sync with a USB portable hard drive?

It could TCT, but it would be a a couple of extra steps that just are not worth it.

JB, it occured to me this morning that maybe what you really want is a web based CRM program? I know Oracle makes one that's highly regarded; it's on my to do list of things to investigate/ways to spend company money. No clue about the crackberry synchronicity, though.

Claire,
You are correct that a web based program would solve all of my problems. But I am high maintenance and I really like to have a separate software program for email. I could probably fix this entire thing quickly by going web based but I just have not found one that I like as much. I will look into the Oracle thing though.

Back