Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that was considering playing in the opening event in the NYSGA amateur series at Turning Stone (Shenandoah) should get on it. It's already over 2/3 full.

I know Pete and I are in.

is this for NY residents only?

yup. It's a New York State Tournament

is this for NY residents only?

Wish you could join us Martin, some aren't that far from you.

I know Pete and I are in.

Yup, heard you and Pete were in. Trying to get in the same group. I thought a few others showed some interest earlier in the thread too.

Yup, heard you and Pete were in. Trying to get in the same group. I thought a few others showed some interest earlier in the thread too.
Do you have to be a NYS resident to join the NYSGA? Honest question, as I have no clue. I also had to join an eClub, as I'm not a member at any NYSGA Member Club. If there was no residency requirement, couldn't Martin just join one of the eClubs? I'm too tired from destroying ddec at sim golf (bazinga!) to look it up.

While not 100% sure yet Andy, I expect to have Mondays off this summer; and I'd like to play in as many of these Amateur Series tournaments as I can. I've only looked at the locations close to me, but ddec mentioned tonight trying to get into the Locust Hill (?) event. If you have plans of playing in any out your way (or Rochester, or wherever) let me know.

I'm looking at Albany Country Club on May 11; Pinehaven Country Club on June 8; Colonie Country Club on July 6; and Mohawk Golf Club on August 3 in my area...for now.

Do you have to be a NYS resident to join the NYSGA? Honest question, as I have no clue. I also had to join an eClub, as I'm not a member at any NYSGA Member Club. If there was no residency requirement, couldn't Martin just join one of the eClubs? I'm too tired from destroying ddec at sim golf (bazinga!) to look it up.

While not 100% sure yet Andy, I expect to have Mondays off this summer; and I'd like to play in as many of these Amateur Series tournaments as I can. I've only looked at the locations close to me, but ddec mentioned tonight trying to get into the Locust Hill (?) event. If you have plans of playing in any out your way (or Rochester, or wherever) let me know.

I'm looking at Albany Country Club on May 11; Pinehaven Country Club on June 8; Colonie Country Club on July 6; and Mohawk Golf Club on August 3 in my area...for now.

I think if you're within a certain distance you can still join. I thought Krispyk could join being so close to the border in northern PA.
I'm planning Locust Hill and Transit Valley and River Oaks which are near me. Gonna try to do a couple more near Rochester.

I think if you're within a certain distance you can still join. I thought Krispyk could join being so close to the border in northern PA.
I'm planning Locust Hill and Transit Valley and River Oaks which are near me. Gonna try to do a couple more near Rochester.

im like 40 miles from NY state is that close enough?

When I signed up, I simply joined a eclub, I didn't think there was a residency requirement.

When I signed up, I simply joined a eclub, I didn't think there was a residency requirement.

it says on this page, that assiciate members must be NYS residents

and on the eclub page:
*eClub must be located within 50 miles of your zip code

Seriously thinking this would be a good chance to just play the course. Tournament or not. But on a Monday means I'd be going alone.

Okay so I'm at the pairing stage. If you guys don't mind, I'd join you.

For sure. Bethpage plan is not dead yet....I think.

not sure about that... aren't you going to Pittsburgh?

Was that for the same weekend? LOL See what happens when I try to cram all the golf in as much as possible.

Was that for the same weekend? LOL See what happens when I try to cram all the golf in as much as possible.

no , I meant that we will meet in Pitts

no , I meant that we will meet in Pitts

Oh, yeah that's for sure. We'll definitely try to get together in the 60 strong. Although there is no name tags, just look for tall Asian. hah.

Oh, yeah that's for sure. We'll definitely try to get together in the 60 strong. Although there is no name tags, just look for tall Asian. hah.

haha I will, you will look for the funny french accent lol

I've never played in the NYSGA tournaments and really want to, but having them be on a Monday sucks.

I've never played in the NYSGA tournaments and really want to, but having them be on a Monday sucks.

Looks like Monday is the day to have tournaments for the very reason most people can't go play on a monday (for fun)

Okay so I'm at the pairing stage. If you guys don't mind, I'd join you.

That would be great!

Looks like you and I are 2 of the first 6 on the waiting list for Locust Hill.

Last edited:

By milage I am within the perimeter but I am still not sure if a nonresident is eligible. Also I really have no Official HC but will be in a league this year and should be able to establish one. I have used theGrint.com and entered scores to get a hc from my rounds at the end of the season just to get an idea of about where I am at. I tried signing up through the link from THP and it won't let me get anywhere at that sight.

See the thing is, I don't know how strict they are at the tournaments. If they check IDs to match their membership information. Otherwise it's rather easy to simply sign up with a resident member's address on the eClub.

See the thing is, I don't know how strict they are at the tournaments. If they check IDs to match their membership information. Otherwise it's rather easy to simply sign up with a resident member's address on the eClub.

Good point, this year will be my first time in tournaments so I have no idea but amsmith61 or buckbug might be able to tell us what it's like when you sign in at the tournament.

Looks like Monday is the day to have tournaments for the very reason most people can't go play on a monday (for fun)

It's because Monday is typically the day members at private clubs give up for tournaments and fund raisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back