Favorite golf tip?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
I know this had been touched in beefier but let's see if there are any new ones. What's the favorite tip you've ever received that really helped your game?

For me it was something I came across on the forum. Early in the year I struggled with tempo. After doing some research I came across the phrase "God Save The Queen" from Trout Bum I believe, and it helped tremendously. Saying that in my head during my swing was huge for me this year.

Do you guys have any other gems to pass along?

This is going to make me sound stupid since I've been playing for fifteen years, but that's okay. It was the simple fact of shifting your weight and starting the downswing with your legs instead of just turning back and forth on your spine axis. I've reduced the number of incredibly fat shots by 80-90% last year.

Used to be terrified of bunkers until an old timer I was playing with told me to pretend I was trying to slide the club under a $ bill. When it works it's a thing of beauty, when it doesn't I blame the Indian.

I know this had been touched in beefier but let's see if there are any new ones. What's the favorite tip you've ever received that really helped your game?

For me it was something I came across on the forum. Early in the year I struggled with tempo. After doing some research I came across the phrase "God Save The Queen" from Trout Bum I believe, and it helped tremendously. Saying that in my head during my swing was huge for me this year.

.....interesting

Low and slow has been the best tip. I still use it almost everytime I play!

Low and slow has been the best tip. I still use it almost everytime I play!

The Beastie Boys would agree with you

R-2383366-1280831872.jpeg.jpg

Turn the hips, don't slide.

I recently rediscovered a old training drill to get my feet and legs back into the swing.

I address the ball with it being about 5-6 inches ahead of my front foot and chase after it on the downswing and through impact.

If I don't get over to my left side and clear the hips, I won't even come close to hitting the ball.

My favorite tip was provide by Matt Kuchar - the best place to position my drive is the bottom of the cup.

It just clicked after that.....:clap:

Favorite by far. Here have a beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay off the internet for swing tips. Kills me every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Speith it" look at the hole when putting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go with the back of the green GPS distance on longer approach shots. This came from Hank Haney. You have to be perfect every time to hit the center distance, but not so if you go this route. Only time I don't do this of course is in a down wind shot, or if long is death. Helped me a lot doing this.

It was actually a video tip from Pat O'Brien posted on the THP Facebook page. It had to do with gripping the putter in the fingers and not the lifeline of the hands. It made me a better putter and has given me greater confidence and assurance that I am, in fact, a "good" putter leading to even more success on the green.

My favorite tip, it all starts with the setup. I took lessons from an instructor that preached good setup, if the setup is bad, it's hard to put a good swing on the ball. Anytime I start struggling with my ball striking, I go back and check my setup, 9 times out of 10 it's off.

Strive for good ball contact. Especially in the short game.

Do you guys have any other gems to pass along?

Please explain how that works....in detail. Is it God on take away and queen on strike?

I found my game really improved when I focused a lot on good ball contact. It also really helped with tempo.

After doing some research I came across the phrase "God Save The Queen" from Trout Bum I believe, and it helped tremendously. Saying that in my head during my swing was huge for me this year

I fully approve of this!! ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep my right kneecap still until the downswing, especially if I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot that particular day. It gets me back on track every time.

I was listening to the dew sweepers radio show one morning and the guest helped me with my putting tremendously. On 3 footers just aim center and putt through the hole. There isn't enough break in that short of a distance with a firm putt. Now I still miss some when my alignment is off but far fewer than I used to

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Effortless swing. Stop trying to mash it like Rory, I'm not Rory, and as always, swinging harder doesn't mean it's going to go further. And get distance is everything out of my head. If I have to use a 7 iron while my friend uses a 9 iron, who cares?

My ego does, but I need to rid that!!:clown:

From my grandfather... "You're not a pro, have fun. If you are a pro, have fun"

Please explain how that works....in detail. Is it God on take away and queen on strike?

No problem. For me I struggle with to quick of a backswing. During my backswing I will say God Save The; when I get to Queen that is my trigger for my downswing. I'm not sure if that's how others use it but it has worked very well for me.

Back