How many hours of golf do you watch per week?

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I think all of us on this site watch at least a little golf on TV...so how many hours on average do you watch?

My number is probably around 14-16 I think.

My wife kind of rolls her eyes, but she doesn't really mind. She's usually sitting next to me with her iPad or a book, and I love it when she recognizes a player or say something that indicates that she was paying more attention than she usually admits. :D

This time of year is less than the other seasons. I usually watch football on Saturdays and Sundays, but I will switch between coverage during TO's and commercials. After football season I am good for at least 10 hours a week.

Generally zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea, but when I watch TV it's usually golf, I'll even watch reruns of rounds I've already seen, the only thing that chases me is when they play a movie or a Feherty interview, as much as I love golf I generally have no interest in the lives of the people in the game, kind of strange.

I don't tend to watch much golf because my kids Bogart the tv. So, I'd have to tell you less than 2 hours a week at best, unless it's a Major.

I'd say at least 5, and maybe as much as 10 most weeks. But it's spread out 1 or 2 hours at a time throughout the week. I'll watch probably 20+ hours during certain tournament weeks.

Not too much. Maybe an hour or two, tops. I'll usually try to keep it on in the background, but usually end up doing stuff with the kids. And trying to steer them away from TV, so it doesn't help the cause if I turn it in for golf. So probably closer to less than an hour per week for me.

I'm probably around 10 hours in the winter. 15 hours for a major. 20 hours for the Masters. And 2 to 3 hours during golfing season otherwise.

My wife kind of rolls her eyes, but she doesn't really mind. She's usually sitting next to me with her iPad or a book, and I love it when she recognizes a player or say something that indicates that she was paying more attention than she usually admits. :D

I can 100% relate to this exactly. She's even admitted to speaking up at work regarding the tournament over the weekend and completely surprising her colleagues.

Around 2 or 3 hours . Soon 0 as I am canceling cable

Sent from my SM-G900W8

5-6 for me!

In the winter time. Between 10 and 15 I'd say depending on the tournament and who's playing.

I used to watch a ton, but have since changed my DirecTV package where it does not include the Golf Channel. Honestly I don't really miss it that much since all the major tournaments are on the local television stations. So currently I watch 0 hrs, if it's a major tournament weekend I might watch 1-2 hrs total that weekend.

I'd guess between 10-15 minutes.

I can 100% relate to this exactly. She's even admitted to speaking up at work regarding the tournament over the weekend and completely surprising her colleagues.

Hahaha, I'd probably die laughing if my wife chimed in during a conversation with my dad about the most recent tournament! I tell her she's a closet golf fan.

Unless it's a pretty good tournament I bet I watch under 45 minutes a week.

Right around 14 hours a week I think

None unfortunately

None. Johnny miller and Faldo killed that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None most weeks. Exceptions will be for majors and a few other bigger tournaments.

I might watch most final rounds, but rarely much else, outside of the majors.

My number is very low, almost always less than 2 hours a week.

Surprisingly, I watch more Euro Tour than PGA Golf. Mainly just due to it being on early on Sundays, which is usually when I am watching.

Probably 12-15 hours a week

During a major weekend I watch as much as they offer. My laptop makes for a convenient 3rd monitor at work on Thursdays and Fridays :D

Any other weekend it probably ranges from a couple hours to full coverage on Saturday and Sunday. Depends on several things, primarily my proximity to a TV (replays at night just don't do it for me) and whether or not the tournament is competing with another event or events that I would rather watch.

Back