Blingo Queen's Tip Volume III

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Charlotte, congrats on qualifiying for the US Open!

That is insane!

Thanks!!

Charlotte, congrats on qualifiying for the US Open!

That is insane!

What he said!

I have a question--once you've hit your putt, you don't move your head to follow the dimple, do you? Just your eyes? I putt best when just about everything but my shoulders don't move, so I'd like to incorporate this.

What he said!

I have a question--once you've hit your putt, you don't move your head to follow the dimple, do you? Just your eyes? I putt best when just about everything but my shoulders don't move, so I'd like to incorporate this.

No, you really just want to keep everything still and you don't move anything. You just listen for the ball to go into the hole. So, your eyes would still be looking at the ground where your ball just was... hope that makes sense. If you focus on one dimple, it keeps your head as still as possible which allows you to make solid contact with the ball.

First, congrats Charlotte! (That was for this year's Open?)

Second, isn't there a point where you do want to look at the ball, to see the break after the hole, when and if it doesn't go in the hole? (Because that happens to me a LOT more than the ball going in!). In my mind, as long as you keep still until your shot is done and you have reached your finish position with your hands, then you should glance up to see what happens if the ball goes past the hole to make your putt coming back easier.

(And Jacqui thanks you for the grip - - - she IS going to use it).

isn't there a point where you do want to look at the ball, to see the break after the hole, when and if it doesn't go in the hole? (Because that happens to me a LOT more than the ball going in!). In my mind, as long as you keep still until your shot is done and you have reached your finish position with your hands, then you should glance up to see what happens if the ball goes past the hole to make your putt coming back easier.

That's my school of thought too, if I miss it 5 feet passed the hole I want to know the line for the "comebacker".

Great tip in your article Charolette!!

No, you really just want to keep everything still and you don't move anything. You just listen for the ball to go into the hole. So, your eyes would still be looking at the ground where your ball just was... hope that makes sense. If you focus on one dimple, it keeps your head as still as possible which allows you to make solid contact with the ball.

Just what I wanted to hear--thanks.

Just what I wanted to hear--thanks.

Okay all good questions... Here's my thought. You really want to listen for your putt to go in on putts that are 5 feet and in... That way, if you do miss it hopefully won't be going too far past!
So I do get what you are saying and think that's great you are watching for the comebacker...
Try it! I did today with a game I was playing and it is really great, especially on short putts you are having doubts on. That way, rather than being impatient and looking up before you've even finished your stroke, you have really committed and kept still for the entire stroke.

You really want to listen for your putt to go in on putts that are 5 feet and in... That way, if you do miss it hopefully won't be going too far past!

You've obviously never seen me putt!

But five feet, that makes sense, probably should have known that.

You've obviously never seen me putt!

But five feet, that makes sense, probably should have known that.

haha no my bad, I should have made that clear. I dont want you all out there over 40 footers listening for the putt to go in.. lol.. that would be a funny scene... You're asking your playing partners if it went in because you can't hear from that far away and you won't lift your head up.. hahaha

haha no my bad, I should have made that clear. I dont want you all out there over 40 footers listening for the putt to go in.. lol.. that would be a funny scene... You're asking your playing partners if it went in because you can't hear from that far away and you won't lift your head up.. hahaha

Gee, I never have that problem--mine always go in.

that is pretty funny

Back