Band of Brothers series

FernDog

Reaction score
Handicap
If you have never seen Band of Brothers, you need to go to Netflix and watch all 10 episodes. I saw this in 2001 when it was on HBO then got the gift DVD set. I haven't seen this in a long time and started watching it again this weekend. Spielberg and Tom Hanks were behind this effort and it is so well acted and moving it's really hard to describe. The sacrifices of these men for their country and each other is inspiring to say the least. It doesn't shy away from the brutality of what they did and what they had to go through. The interviews of the real men it was based on are so sad and poignant. I just read that one of the men interviewed died yesterday at the age of 95. Binge watching this is highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved this show. Started watching it about 2 months ago and I was hooked.

It is truly a great and educational show. It was very well written and directed. One of my favorites!

I've owned the DVD set for a few years but for some reason haven't watched it yet; need to...

Wonderful series. The book is even better. Those guys were the definition of heroes. The Pacific was good as well, but not as good as BoB in my opinion.

Love this show and the Pacific series, own both and watch them at least once a year.

Definitely on the want to watch list....

Such a great series

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've watched it countless times. Also enjoyed "The Pacific".

I've watched it countless times. Also enjoyed "The Pacific".

I forgot about the Pacific series. that was great as well and particularly brutal in some episodes.

Have the blue rays (before everything was available on HBO go) and it is one of my favorites. Lots of really good actors who have gone on to do a lot of really good things.

I try to watch it at least once a year as a bit of reality reassessment. I mean I think my life is hard sometimes then I watch this and realize I live like a freaking princess.

Love this series. I thought Pacific was just as good too

Wonderful series. The book is even better. Those guys were the definition of heroes. The Pacific was good as well, but not as good as BoB in my opinion.

The Pacific IMO showed a side of the war that Band of Brothers didnt.

It doesn't matter whether I'm binge watching it or not, I get the chills every time I hear the theme song to Band of Brothers.

I have watched in a few episodes,really like the story.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Love the series and loved the book. I may need to check this out again before it starts to get nice outside on a consistent basis.

It is a great series. They do a really good job staying true to the book (which is still even better).

Love the series, my gosh I can waste days watching it.

Just goes to show how good Tom Hanks is with his WW2 movies. He was fantastic in Saving Private Ryan and both BoB and The Pacific were fantastic

Incredibly well done, moving, inspiring. Particularly liked the glimpses into the real people, I found it to frame the theatrical story so very well.

I can't believe its been 16 years since it debuted. I didn't have HBO back then and would record it on vhs at my inlaws. Then I let some guys I work with borrow the tapes and they got passed around. I don't think I get many of them back. A few years later we got a DVR and my wife got me a dvd burner for Christmas. I burned several copies of the series for my Dad, bro-in-law, & others...

Easily one of my favorite series ever done

Only series box set I've ever purchased.

Back