TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

Seriously contemplating a 14* head, anyone hit the slider S in 14*? I usually play high lofted drivers but loose a lot of roll out. I like that everyone here talks about the additional roll out this head provides. I love my minnie so I think I would like the driver as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Another good round with my SLDR today (14 out of 14 fairway with one of them pulled left and hit a tree and bounced back towards the fairway). All in all I'm seeing better dispersion compared to my Amp Cell but I think its time to consider an aftermarket shaft as I'm only carrying 210 yards with the stiff stock shaft. Maybe something that'll help get the ball higher with less spin?

Lol small world. Get ya waterproofs out for Sunday!

Played Sunday weather kept fine! Greens had been top dressed and were very firm which it couldn't understand and fairways needed a cut! Could have been lovely! Shot 39 off 3 and still only finished 4th haha!

Seriously contemplating a 14* head, anyone hit the slider S in 14*? I usually play high lofted drivers but loose a lot of roll out. I like that everyone here talks about the additional roll out this head provides. I love my minnie so I think I would like the driver as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Iv got a 14* head cranked down to 12 and I love It I think you need the right shaft of your going up in loft!

Played Sunday weather kept fine! Greens had been top dressed and were very firm which it couldn't understand and fairways needed a cut! Could
have been lovely! Shot 39 off 3 and still only finished 4th haha!

Yea, greens will get better over the next few weeks.

I played in a comp today in sustained 30mph winds and the driver really performed well.

Thats society golf for you..

New to THP and might I just start out by saying that I am glad I found it. I recently ordered and received my sldr 430 driver. I am definitely hitting it further than I was with my r11, but I think that the stock 65g stock might be a little too heavy. Does anybody know if I can switch the shaft from my r11 to my new sldr? Other than that... longest drive today was around 290. I am still trying to find my swing with this thing though. I think it might just be the weight of the shaft that is throwing me off, but I have spent the past few days on the range trying to work it out with only a little progress. I'll keep on it though, and eventually I will it all worked out.

New to THP and might I just start out by saying that I am glad I found it. I recently ordered and received my sldr 430 driver. I am definitely hitting it further than I was with my r11, but I think that the stock 65g stock might be a little too heavy. Does anybody know if I can switch the shaft from my r11 to my new sldr? Other than that... longest drive today was around 290. I am still trying to find my swing with this thing though. I think it might just be the weight of the shaft that is throwing me off, but I have spent the past few days on the range trying to work it out with only a little progress. I'll keep on it though, and eventually I will it all worked out.

R11 adapter will not fit in your Sldr

Just want to chime in and say I bought a SLDR 12* head on a whim last week, put the stock Speeder 57 shaft in it. This is the longest/close to the most accurate driver I have ever used to date.
The roll out is insane to be honest, every time I hit it good I get like 20+ yds of roll. I played a course today that I am very familiar with, hit the longest drive of my life bar none. A 250yd bomb (for me) that carried almost 300yds, this is coming from someone that usually averages about 220-240yds. I will say that yes, you do get penalized for hitting it outside of the sweet spot. However it is always playable and honestly I rather have the opportunity to hit these long of shots any day. Currently I have it set at the standard loft, 12* with the weight slid one tic towards the "Draw" setting. It just wants to go straight and roll roll roll, here's to a season full of beastly drives.

I've just got of the course with mine, thats not 3.5 rounds with it and I really cant see me ever going back to my Amp Cell!!

It is windy more often than not at my home course and this thing is just money. #11 plays 420 and I had 100 to the flag today!!!

Many of the SLDR users are waiting for any feedback.

Added weight worth it or forget it.

I think its certainly worth giving it a go!

At the end of the day its cheap and easy to remove if it dont work out...

Welcome to THP. The right shaft is important. I often overlooked that in the past and simply played the stock shaft that the driver came with. I found the 58 gram stock shaft too light for me and experimented with a few different options. I now switch between a phenom 60g mid launch from my R11S and a Prolaunch 64g low launch.

Just want to say again how amazed I am with this driver, played in my 9 hole league last night. Hit a bomb on the second hole, a 330yd par 4. Only had 70ish yds to the pin, so about a 260ish yd drive. Even on crappy struck shots I might lose 20yds which puts me back at my farthest drive with my old drivers. This thing is staying in my bag for a very long time!

I had an SLDR now have the r15 430....(which is awesome btw) and I had extra weights. I gave them to a friend with an SLDR and he loves the added weight. he as been gaming that SLDR since day 1. and he says that added weight does help keep it straighter.

I had an SLDR now have the r15 430....(which is awesome btw) and I had extra weights. I gave them to a friend with an SLDR and he loves the added weight. he as been gaming that SLDR since day 1. and he says that added weight does help keep it straighter.
With one weight it seems easy to slide around and get it setup to one given swing.

With the two how are you able to dial in the correct setting.

Also how do you insert the lower Plate.

It seems blocked by a tab on one side. How to remove tab to insert base of weight

Thanks

The tab on the outside (toe side) is only held on with double sided foam tape. A blast with a hairdryer will be enough to soften it and get a screwdrier under it to lift it off..

Played a few more rounds with this thing and I'm loving it hit it over 250 on a bad drive...recommend times 10

I think 2 weights positioned in neutral will be the bomb. I remembered demoing the R15 430 and I get the best result with both weights in the center.

Part of me wants to tinker with the two weights, but honestly I am hitting it so well right now I don't want to mess anything up!

I don't know if it means anything, but the used rack at GolfSmith is absolutely FULL of SLDR drivers. I think the last time I saw anything on that scale was shortly after the RBZ drivers hit the market.

I only have one friend with a SLDR and he loves it.

I don't know if it means anything, but the used rack at GolfSmith is absolutely FULL of SLDR drivers. I think the last time I saw anything on that scale was shortly after the RBZ drivers hit the market.

I only have one friend with a SLDR and he loves it.

SLDR certainly isn't for everybody. It's one of those clubs where one will either love it or hate it. I don't think you will find too many people who are indifferent to it.

Just want to say again how amazed I am with this driver, played in my 9 hole league last night. Hit a bomb on the second hole, a 330yd par 4. Only had 70ish yds to the pin, so about a 260ish yd drive. Even on crappy struck shots I might lose 20yds which puts me back at my farthest drive with my old drivers. This thing is staying in my bag for a very long time!

That has been my exact experience with my SLDR, been on mine at least 8 months or so, great driver.

Like everyone else. It's feast or famine. The longest drivers I have ever hit. But boy will you be in a heap of trouble if your driving isn't firing on all cylinders. 12 shots down the pipeline. Middle of the fairway. Two tee balls. Way off line deep, deep, deep into the woods. One a snap hook. The other a push fade. Otherwise known as a slice. ..........

And now back to the second honeymoon.

Playing the SLDR 430 set to 10.5 down from 12*

Sweet sounds. Lovely flight. Very long and controlled ball flight. Fades or draws without needing to exaggerate your swing or tempo.

Truly the best driver I have ever played. Makes birdies a possibility even on the longest par 4's I play.

I find the sweet spot quite generous though I understand most feel like that may be this clubs weakness. But it seems to just explode the ball off the face time and time again.

JMTC

I find the sweet spot on mine pretty low on the face. For some reason this is the only driver my miss is on the heel. Every other club/driver my miss is on the toe. I'm not sure if it the weighting or what. I do hit some ridiculous long bombs with this driver. Could be a bit more forgiving, but it is what it is.

Back