Made an Amazing Discovery Today

HitItNancy

Reaction score
Handicap
First nice day in weeks, went and hit a bucket of 192 balls after work. About halfway through, the head of my 7i went further than the ball. Shaft was rusted almost all the way through at the hosel. By the time I was done, my 3i, 5i, and 6i were all bent at the hosel, so am guessing they are going to go for a fly soon, too. Did some Google searches, apparently this is what happens when the clubs are stored in a really humid environment. Like, say, the trunk of the car that I'm guessing the guy I bought them from probably kept them in for who knows how long before finally deciding to sell them.

I can't complain too much, I spent very little on a full bag of clubs, and the wedges are great, am just loving that using rental clubs at this point is probably a better option than using my own clubs right now.

Was planning on using next year's tax returns to get a better set. Looks like the timeline may have gotten moved up considerably. :banghead:

That stinks man. Go get fitted and get the full experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better on the range than out on the course. I'm sure you're gonna be hitting better than Nancy with your new clubs.

Did you run on to the range and retrieve the clubhead???

Commit to your game.

That's sucks. Sorry to hear. Check the marketplace few sets of irons in there for great prices.

That sucks, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find some pulls cheap to have them reshafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sux. Perfect excuse to get new irons.

Wow... Makes me rethink keeping my clubs in my trunk all summer!

Back